JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Oh, not again! I am so sick of getting timed-out and having to sign in again that I could.............

ONCE AGAIN, I wrote a LONG detailed reply to a big question. I punched "submit" and got the box to sign in again, so I did that. Then I punched "submit" again, and now get a box saying that it cannot be done because I had signed-in after the message was composed. Well, duh. Normally this CAN be done! There is NO way to submit or to save my message to this board, and there is no way to convert it to any attachment form that this board will accept. All of my work is LOST AGAIN and I am too annoyed to lose another hour of my life trying to write useful advice to a serious questioner.

Why must this board constantly time-out and need signing in again when writing messages? Can't the time be extended to a half hour or so before getting timed-out and needing to sign in again? I am losing motivation to contribute at all...........................elsullo :(

Next to the space where you type your user name is a box that says "remember me?", click on that. I used to have the same problem so I sent an e-mail to Joey Link and that's what he suggested I do. Worked for me!

Happens all the time to me. So I learned to cut and paste every few minutes to keep that from happening. It's a pain but it works. Infact I just lost a post and it was a good one at that.

Scott

What Internet service providers are you using? Browser? Special security software? (Anti-Virus, firewall, anti-spam, anti-phish)

I have never witnessed this issue on any of my four computers... so I am trying to figure out what the common link is.

I just think he meant if you type a long message and don't change the page you just get signed out.

Scott

Ditto. I don't think it's a computer issue, I'd place money on the default timeout for non-browsing users. I get logged out a lot because I try and think through a post and not write the first thing that pops into my head....

So when I finally finish my thoughts...I get timed out. So I usually have 2 tabs open, one for browsing the site and the other is my compose message.

If you're young and type quick then you probably wouldn't see it happen. If you're starting to get old and think through your post....

Uh-oh...I hope this post isn't taking to long....I guess we'll see.

Happens all the time to me. So I learned to cut and paste every few minutes to keep that from happening. It's a pain but it works. Infact I just lost a post and it was a good one at that.

Scott

I do the same thing... but not because of the site timing out. I've had my router drop the connection and lost a long winded... I mean "detailed" reply more than once. So, out of habit I do try to highlight the whole thing and "copy" to the clipboard before hitting the "submit" button. :s0155:

Now that is strange. Did you have the remember me box checked?

In my iPod Touch it remembers me and I'm never logged off there. On my computer, I just login via the boxes at the top right of the main forum page.

go to tools uper right corner of intenet explorer, then to internet options and uncheck the deleat browsing history on exit box. i did a update and it got checked and all my sights would make me re-log so i unchecked the box problem fixed.

I'll do everything I can to help resolve this issue, be it due to a users computer or this server.

Are you logging in on the front page or the main page that has all the sections listed? Do you have the remember me box checked?

I do the same thing... but not because of the site timing out. I've had my router drop the connection and lost a long winded... I mean "detailed" reply more than once. So, out of habit I do try to highlight the whole thing and "copy" to the clipboard before hitting the "submit" button. :s0155:

Man I hate it when I lose a long winded rant. :p

If it happens again just open another window and sign in with it then hit refresh in the original window.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top