Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

site is real slow in operation

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by Just Jim, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Useing a tablet and this site is running very slow. I surf to about six other sites and it's fast as always but here I am having real trouble. Start a thread and the words are thee seconds behind the typeing. Tap on a thread and it won't come up for three taps. I am not having the problem on the other gun sites I visit.

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Thanks for the info, I'll take a look.

Anyone else experiencing this?

3. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

It's running fine on my phone today, fast as ever

4. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

was having issues last night but is fine now.

5. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I had one page that didn't want to load this morning, but refreshed the page and it popped right up. Other than that, it seems to be running about normal.

6. 40calruler

40calruler Lake Oswego Well-Known Member

It will not let me post as of a minute ago. I press the post button and then it does nothing and my message does not show up when I refresh.

7. wyojeeper

wyojeeper Lebanon, MO Member

Its been running slow, freezing for me most of the day. On phone and home comp.

8. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Super slow, and half the time I go to post, i click "post" and it thinks for a minute and then doesn't post.

9. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Hmm, this is really odd. I've been working on it all day and haven't had a single issue. I'll continue investigating. If anyone has any additional information, it'd be helpful.

10. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

I have since got home, Its running fine on my PC too.

How close together are all the complainers? Is it possible that you guys have the same internet provider and its having issues?

( Im a blacksmith, not an interwebs expert, I understand that could be a dumb idea)

11. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

IS everyone having a problem using Chrome? I find a lot of weird problems come, and then mysteriously go, all on their own, using Chrome.

12. Joe Link

Nope, that's a great question.

13. xtratoy

xtratoy Vancouver USA Active Member

Same problem when I use Mozilla. Mentioned this a few months ago. I use chrome when i come to use the site now, just don't come as often as before since I don't really like the way Chrome is layed out and operates.

14. Joe Link

If you guys could provide your ISP, which browser you're using, whether you're on a mobile/tablet, whether you're using NWFA v2 or v3, and your general location it'd be a big help.

Our host spent the last hour looking at the server, but found the load and overall health is about the same as it has been for the previous 30 days.

15. wyojeeper

wyojeeper Lebanon, MO Member

Comcast, Chrome, Wilsonville. ZTE ZMAX phablet, Chrome and all over Portland from WIlsonville up to Columbia ave and over to 205.

16. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

My keyboard has been balky/unresponsive throughout the day essentially.. Comcast, no chrome and a laptop around Portland.

17. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

So I called my provider and complained the net is to slow and I am having problems. Century net told me to unplug the line from the wall to the box and switch ends. I said I will do better than that, will get another service.. and as I tried to post this I got a tab crash:mad:

18. TDH

TDH Portland Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Pages have been loading really slow today for me as well. I have Frontier Fios, on the west side, IE 11, laptop, v2.

19. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

Ya mine is acting up as well. Delayed loading and using chrome. Happening at work on a laptop, mobile (iPhone 6/chrome), and home on wifi using mobile. TapaTalk is ok but I'm only using as a backup since I'm frustrated with the loading issue.

20. Joe Link

Is anyone experiencing this with NWFA V3, or only V2?