JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone else having issues with the site with the ever increasing advertisements? Whenever the damn video ads start playing (Against my will) my computer slows, freezes and screws up. Text doesn't always embed when its being typed and I see it in others ads too, partial words in replies, Screwed up quotes etc. This is fricking ANNOYING!!!! :mad:

Should supporting members get spammed to death too?

I can't say I've run into that problem on this site, it seems to load and run just fine for me on several platforms (tablet and laptop). I have run into it on other sites, especially the Examiner where Dave Workman runs his articles - that one is awful with pop ups and video ads. I cringe anytime I need to go there to read something from him.

Anyone else having issues with the site with the ever increasing advertisements? Whenever the damn video ads start playing (Against my will) my computer slows, freezes and screws up. Text doesn't always embed when its being typed and I see it in others ads too, partial words in replies, Screwed up quotes etc. This is fricking ANNOYING!!!! :mad:

Unfortunately ads make up the bulk of the revenue keeping this site online, but we do what we can to make sure they're not nearly as bad as most sites on the net. I've only seen one or two video ads on here (they're only enabled for a couple of the ad slots), but site performance is at the top of my list. If you (or anyone else) see a particular ad running which seems to be responsible for this please let me know.

Not one problem, smooth as silk. Running on Mozilla all updated..
Also running on iPad and an iPhone not a problem.

Then again I bet I could get it to run smooth on my old Vic 20:)

This is something we really focused on with the new version. It might just be me, but it seems like things are getting worse from a advertisement / site performance standpoint. It's almost as if nobody takes it into consideration, or maybe they just don't care. We've turned down more money than we bring in because usability is #1.

As for The Examiner and @Dave Workman, you guys just need to convince him to come write for us :D

It's interesting that these ads don't affect everybody's computer equally. My desktop computer freezes up often when logged into NWFA. My wifes smart phone will not load NWFA at all. One of my tablets will load and operate NWFA, but it does so very slowly, and often I get jibberish imbedded in the images. My other tablet crashes when on NWFA. Coincidentally, I suffer all these problems with PhotoBucket, which is also heavily laden with ads and ad images.

So it looks like it's not just me.

WAYNO.

It's almost as if nobody takes it into consideration, or maybe they just don't care. We've turned down more money than we bring in because usability is #1.

We'll yea.... I think we all understand you can sell all the space but yet you choose to leave some for the forum, I get it and appreciate you need compensation for your efforts here but the site should be efficient and work properly on a normal basis. When the "media playing on site" or whatever pops up on the tab efficiency goes to bubblegum. I can't upload pictures from my phone now either. I think there is a glitch or bug not just the ads causing the trouble. I frequent other sites with as much or nearly as much advertising a have zero issues.

I was frustrated when I started the thread and apologize for sounding like a donkey but I needed to say it.

I've been having the same problem but only sporadically. Essentially since after I voluntarily switched to the "new version" here a couple weeks ago.
Mainly when composing a private conversation.. it seems the keyboard just gets totally wonky/unresponsive.
I'm on windows 7 (laptop), use explorer and Comcast.
anyway, seems just fine now.. of course. lol

I appreciate the feedback on this guys. I really wish more people would tell us when they experience issues, as this is the first time I'm hearing about it. Can't fix a problem we don't know about! I'll be PM'ing each of you for more specifics.

We'll yea.... I think we all understand you can sell all the space but yet you choose to leave some for the forum, I get it and appreciate you need compensation for your efforts here but the site should be efficient and work properly on a normal basis. When the "media playing on site" or whatever pops up on the tab efficiency goes to bubblegum. I can't upload pictures from my phone now either. I think there is a glitch or bug not just the ads causing the trouble. I frequent other sites with as much or nearly as much advertising a have zero issues.

I was frustrated when I started the thread and apologize for sounding like a donkey but I needed to say it.

My compensation is about $2 per hour :s0114:

There are a lot of costs that come along with running a site this size, so most of the ad money covers those. I agree with you in that none of it matters if the site doesn't work properly, which is why I'm not only willing but eager to address these issues. I haven't heard about any picture upload issues either, which to me falls into the 'priority issue' column. PM incoming :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top