JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok trying to decide on a single stack as well as the 2.0 9c. Been looking a the two most chosen single stacks and of course watching videos. M2.0 vs Glock 43. I have not shot either of the two but have handled them in gun stores. Opinions Welcome.

You have to ask yourself what fits your situation the best. I personally dont like little guns. I don't shoot them as well and I'm able to conceal many full size guns without any modifications to the way I dress. If you dress casually like I do (polo shirt and jeans or cargo pants/shorts), bigger guns conceal easy enough. If you dress in more form fitting or have to be more business casual, you're forced to go smaller.

The 9c hides really well and holds 15. A single stack cuts that in half. Do you want to be comforted or comfortable?
I'm old school, more is always better. :cool:

Being someone that needs to having something smaller and lighter for 'Summer Carry' due to work and being outside a lot, I would suggest taking a look at the Sig P365. Smaller (just) than the G43, more comfortable in the hand (for me at least) than the 2.0c, and 10 rounds to boot. Price is a little higher sure, so maybe that's a consideration to mull over, but its definitely something that bridges the gap between a compact capacity and a sub compact form factor.

Is there any reason you are neglecting the Kahr P9 (about the size of the Shield) and the PM9 (one of the smallest single stacks on the market)?

I admit I own a Shield. I absolutely hated the Glock 43 (and I'm a complete Glock guy).

No matter what you choose in the SS arena, look into MagGuts, a company that makes followers and springs that give all your mags an extra round.

Just get a G26 and be done. I tried many other options, but finally landed on the G26. Save yourself the time, money and hassle. IMO.

Is there any reason you are neglecting the Kahr P9 (about the size of the Shield) and the PM9 (one of the smallest single stacks on the market)?

I admit I own a Shield. I absolutely hated the Glock 43 (and I'm a complete Glock guy).

No matter what you choose in the SS arena, look into MagGuts, a company that makes followers and springs that give all your mags an extra round.

I personally had a tough time with the Kahr. Really steep feed ramp and HP's regularly failed to feed.

I have one too. Not a bad way to launch 10+1. :)
Or 12 +1 :D
image.jpg

I carry my Kahr PM40 frequently and love it! As for reliability goes, I've never had an issue I didn't cause. These tiny guns in my large mitts can cause my thumb to drag the slide stop. But, that is not a Kahr thing, Glocks, XD's and other single stack micro have that same inherent issue with a man sized grip, LOL.

It took me a few range trips to learn how to shoot the g43 and not have any jams.

But now that I got it dialed, I am consistantly amazed at how accurate it is.

It conceals effortlessly.

Could have been my dad's exact G43, but I couldn't group it to save my life. The trigger was just so crunchy. This isn't to say it's a bad gun, just that it was not for me. All my other Glock triggers are fine.

The CM9 is a good option too, just much lower in capacity than some of the others.

Each to their own of course, but the G26 is probably one of the worst ergonomically designed pistols for my hands. I know lots of people love it, but I just don't see or feel it lol.

bpqV6QO.jpg

4Uu6G5L.jpg

Last Edited:
Picked up a used Walther PPS with three magazines (6, 7, 8 rounders) and two holsters (inside/outside) at my local store. Previous owner added Talon grips including the extended mags, did a real nice job. All said, it's a real nice single stack 9mm, easy to cc, yet still very fun at the range. I was originally looking at a Shield 2.0 9mm or a 3.6" M&P 2.0 9mm, but have no regrets with this little Walther.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top