JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ah, good! You scared me a bit. Yes, the art of "scattering" was practiced by all the Marines that I knew. If you lost your pack in a firefight, it may have contained items or food that you needed. We ate C-rations back in this days and they came in rectangular boxes that facilitated shipping, but not carrying. You quickly learned what each different C-ration contained and then you would open the box and take only those items that you would eat, plus the cigarettes and toilet paper. You would distribute these items in your pockets, pouches and pack, so that if one or two were lost you would at least have something. As I said earlier, the Marines were really good at resupplying troops in the field. When out hiking, I suspect that no resupply is available to you and believe me, I do understand carrying as little as possible.

But those rounds at 230 gr each start to add up might quickly. When I carried a 1911, carried two 8 round refills, but I never intended to get into a gunfight. I plan on running away if at all possible :eek:
I once compared a 7rd 1911 to a fully loaded pmag; I didn't weigh them, but they seemed to be pretty close in weight.

A few years ago while working a gunshow in Puyallup, one of the police officers working security was carrying a 1911. I was pretty surprised to see that
Probably his personal gun.
If he's working security, that's an off-duty assignment. He's not required to use his service piece, if he chooses not to.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top