JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Ruger Single Six .22/.22 mag that has stopped working. I thought this thing was bomb proof. Apparently like all machines it can/does wear and fail. Unfortunately it happened while someone else was using it so I'm not entirely sure how it was handled/mishandled before the fault occurred.
The gun is well used but has always proven reliable before.
Te hammer will not cock back and in fact will barely move at all before it meets resistance.
When the loading gate is open the cylinder turns freely.
A small bit of metal pin approximately 2mm in dia. and 7-8 mm long was loose in the grip frame cavity it appears to be sheared off at one end.
Sound familiar to anyone? Any advice?

Sorry still no pix. Tore it down and found a broken hammer plunger. Looks like an easy repair. Anyone here done it before? I'm wondering if the plunger retaining pin needs to be replaced or if it is reusable. Anywhere close to PDX that is likely to have one on hand?

CALL RUGER!
I lost a screw on my Ruger Blackhawk, called Ruger and they sent me out a new screw.
Good luck,
Mike

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Customer Service Department
200 Ruger Road
Prescott, AZ 86301

Telephone: 928-541-8892 / Fax: 928-778-6633
(Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm MST)

As I recall you can use a 3/32 drill bit cut to length. If you make the pin slightly longer it holds the bolt open longer and eliminates the turn line problem on the cylinder. Do a search on "hammer pin mod" on the Ruger forums.

I agree, Ruger goes above and beyond. I recently broke one of the grips on my 44 mag Super Blackhawk due to shooters error/inexperience. I got my new grips in the mail just today at no charge! Go to Ruger's website and you can contact customer support there. They will take care of it!

Got the part from Ruger for $4 and got the pawl and cylinder lock springs as well since they were a couple bucks each. New plunger was noticeably longer than old. Didn't work full length - couldn't cock the gun. Cut it down but left it longer than the original to improve cylinder drag. Hot damn! She works a treat! Almost forgot how much I love this old gun.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top