JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have an Ithaca 4E single barrel shotgun made in the 20's that cost more than a Ford when new. It is worth maby 5,000. Today and is magnificent. It is a joy to shoot.

Last Edited:
I have gotten doubles on clay birds with my NEF 20 gauge Pardner...and even gotten two grouse at a time with it a time or two....

It is a fine hunting gun...I do not feel under gunned with it.
If you don't like 'em fine....but don't underestimate 'em either...:D
Andy

If using a single shot gun , I'll carry a spare shell between my fingers on my left hand...shoot , pop open the breech , insert shell and shoot again if needed....with practice it can be surprisingly fast...:D
Andy

The hard part is getting them to stand still while I search my pockets for another shell.

Pro Tip:
Do not carry Lifesavers or Rolaids.
There's your problem!
No wonder you hate singles! :D

Seriously, though, I have hunted Chukar and well acquainted with The Sound of Thunder coming from BEHIND me.
Still doesn't accredit any other action type over a break action single.
Its ok if you don't like single shots. No one's gonna fault you for that, but why is it that every time a thread like this comes up, regardless of who's forum it is, does someone have to chime in and belittle the action?
If you're not a fan, its ok, but why chime in just to slander?
Maybe I should stalk your posts and the first time you champion some pump or SA, I'll poo poo your choice....because the action "sucks".
If its not your cup of tea, fine, but don't harass others because it is theirs.
...and to clarify, the above post was not meant to single out DirectDrive.
That goes for ANYONE that pulls that stuff.
Let's support each other, instead of tearing each other down.
That is how wars and terrorism starts.

Dean

Last Edited:
367233F8-56E4-4DF9-A249-5B0C1495ACEC.jpeg Not a shotgun.......but one of my favorite rifles in the safe.....another 5,000 single shot. Under 6 lbs complete with high quality Austrian scope.

Last Edited:
Sweet gun Argo.
What exactly are we looking at?
It is my Merkel single shot 308 stalking rifle with a 2-12 Swarovski scope. Everybody that picks it up can't believe how light and handy it is. It also has lovely wood. I don't have a digitized photo of the Ithaca.

Last Edited:
Buncha people on here I respect but y'all need to get back to the OP topic and stop trying to measure your epeens.

No reason to bring negativity into the thread...

I'd prefer a SxS with 2 triggers and choked differently for different distances or a pump (just got my 870 bird gun:cool:) but I still want a decent single shot - I love all kinds of shotguns:D.

Don't make me pull this thread over and go back there... :D
Just kidding...kinda...
I understand that not everyone cares for the types of firearms I favor...its not the end of the world , but...
Lets not get too carried away in voicing our likes and dislikes...Thanks.
Andy

Now I would entertain something like this (Browning 725 Trap Combo) :
At around $5000, a guy would need to be serious about the trap game and/or have some spare change.
View attachment 408467

My buddy picked up a stock set for an 870 that is dang close to the rear stock in that pic for $1 at a garage sale - came with a matching fore end.

Hasn't put it on cuz it's a HD gun lol.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads