JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a truck load of single shot firearms...albeit , most are muzzle loaders of the antique persuasion.

I do also enjoy my single shot bolt action .22LR rifles as well as single shot shotguns.

I have owned in the past a few center fire rifles that were single shot :
A Ruger No. One in .45-70
A Savage 219 in .30-30
A Winchester high wall in .44-77 Sharps Straight
A Browning 78 in .30-06
Various 1873 Springfield rifles and carbines

Single shot firearms are very enjoyable , to both shoot and hunt with for sure...and don't get the print , so to speak , that they deserve.
Andy

Last Edited:
yes the rata tat tat guns get most of the ink. i am veitnam vet carried M16 and 45auto for my tour, but on returning home i saw no need.
Speaking for myself as both a veteran ( not from Vietnam , but one with 4 combat tours ) and as a gun owner....

What I like in a firearm...is simply that...what I like...and it may not be the same for anyone else.
Which is okay , if we all liked the same in firearms...it would make for boring gunshops...:D

In any event...
I do agree that the discussion , articles and the like for single shot firearms is not popular.
We do have folks here on site that do enjoy 'em....Hopefully they will chime in here soon.
Andy

I've had a slew of Ruger #1's and plethora of Thompson Contenders. Now all I've got is a CVA 45-70.

I forgot to add that I us to have a pair of Ted Williams (made by Ithica and sold by Sears) both blond wood, one in 20 ga and the other one was a .22.

Last Edited:
I have a Ruger No. 3 in .223. It has a 1 in 14 inch twist barrel, so shoots the 52, 53 grain bullets the best. I mounted an older Leupold Vari-X scope on it, so not as handy as it could be, but I can't use the open sights due to getting older and vision issues.

Just one for now - and NEF Hbar Handi-Rifle in .223 and really like it.

I had 'plans' on acquiring a 'collection' of a few more but Remington dropped the line and the earlier, wood stocked models disappeared like a fart in the wind - especially in the calibers I wanted.

100_1155.jpg

Just one for now - and NEF Hbar Handi-Rifle in .223 and really like it.

I had 'plans' on acquiring a 'collection' of a few more but Remington dropped the line and the earlier, wood stocked models disappeared like a fart in the wind - especially in the calibers I wanted.
I have the same in "youth " configuration. Williams sights on a nice, tight, compact rifle.
Love it.

I have the same in "youth " configuration.
Yea these are really great, underappreciated guns.

I was considering trying to find a barrel only and taking a chance on it with no to maybe little 'fitting' - as I have read over the years of others doing this and discovering the barrel locked right up like it was meant for it!

However because mine is the heavy barrel a 'standard' barrel would not fit the forestock so I would have to find a standard forestock for it, make one or create an 'adapter' for mine.

I have:
T/C Contender with two barrels - a scoped .221 Fireball and an iron sight .357 Maximum
Ruger #3 w/#1 furniture in .22 Hornet
Ruger #1B in 6 mm Remington
Berdan Wesson box-lock, percussion cap .45 black powder rifle
Savage Model 74 .22 LR, L, S

I had:
T/C Contender barrel in .30 Herrett (stolen*)
Remington XP100 in .308 Winchester / serial #B7505235 (stolen*)

Adios,

Pizza Bob

*mid-80's

Last Edited:
My first 22 was a single shot Winchester bolt action. Guy here had one just like it for sale but I just didn't want to spend the big money on it.

I took a 1x2 and used my skill saw to cut a groove blade wide the full length. Set it up on its side and it holds dam near a pack of Necco wafers. Just plugging shooting one after the other is great fun, ask my daughter. :)

Hmmm, lesseeeeee.

Two BSA Martini MkII target rifles - one left and one right - .22cal.

One older Anschutz Model rifle 1409 - .22cal.

One Walther DSM rifle - .22cal.

One Winchester Model 1885 rifle - .45-70 Govt.

One Parker-Hale Musketoon carbine - .577cal

One three-band Snider rifle - .577cal.

One two-band Snider rifle - .577cal.

One Pritchett Volunteer rifle - .577cal.

One Parker-Hale Whitworth rifle - .451cal.

One K31-actioned 300m match rifle - 7.62x51cal.

No single-shot handguns, sorry.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR