Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTB OR Single Shot break-top rifle

Discussion in 'Rifles Wanted' started by fireninja13, Dec 15, 2014.

1. fireninja13

fireninja13 Newberg / Portland Metro Active Member

Need is filled, thanks NWFA.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  2. ruggdogg87

ruggdogg87 Tigard Active Member

Chiappa makes the little badger which is a 22 mag break top with a little bag. Costs about $179 new. Also make it in 17hmr and 22 lr

3. fireninja13

Looks like a cute little backpack gun, but I'm more interested in something a bit more substantial. . . and ideally American Made.

4. Mongo1

Mongo1 Santiam Canyon Active Member

Nopps Jewelry & Loan in Salem has a H&R in 308 w/scope. They have had it for about two years. I bought it new, fired one 20 round box. Traded it in on a Saiga. I'm thinking they would give a good deal on it. They have always been fair with me.

fireninja13 likes this.
  5. MTpockets

MTpockets Oregon Well-Known Member

6. Deavis

Deavis Mid Willamette Valley Active Member

I have an excellent condition .223 with barrel cut and threaded at 16" with a tasco propoint red dot on it and youth length furniture if you are interested.

fireninja13 likes this.
  7. Deavis

And, I have a scoped standard length with standard furniture.

fireninja13 likes this.
  8. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

I really like my NEF Handi Rifle in .223. I had been looking for one after shooting a friends' and finally found one after about a year of looking. Kind of a no frills rifle but it shoots well and I highly recommend one if you are looking for a single shot. Don't hesitate if you find one in .223 because they are very popular in this caliber and don't last long.

fireninja13 likes this.
  9. fireninja13

Deavis, if you ever make it into the PDX metro please bring them both, and if you're reasonable re price I'm pretty sure I'll take one off your hands -- most likely the standard one.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  10. fireninja13

Thanks, but I'm hoping to find one locally and avoid shipping and FFL fees -- with a firearm at this price point that kind of stuff end up being a significant percentage increase -- enough so that one gets within spitting distance of a used low-end bolt-action. That said I would prefer a basic breaktop design.

Maybe it is just my general comfort with shotguns and old break-top revolvers, but somehow break action rifles seem natural.

MTpockets likes this.
  11. SOrez

SOrez SOR Active Member

I bought a Rossi trifecta in 22lr, 20 gauge and 243 at Walmart in Medford a while back. I think I paid like $259 for it on sale.

12. Deavis

Your inbox is full. I get up there infrequently but do go to Salem weekly. Could meet there.

fireninja13 likes this.
  13. fireninja13

Hmm

I got your message, but then apparently my inbox was full --- I have replied and cleared it out. sorry 'bout that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.