Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Single Shot AR lowers

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by cbzdel, Feb 14, 2010.

1. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

I have decided to go for the .50, but I am taking the cheaper route of getting an AR in .50cal

So after reviewing pics online I have determined that the single shot AR lowers look way better because there is no mag well, mag release, and bolt catch that would be useless on the .50 upper.

I have found only (2) companies that make the single shot lower, DMPS which seem to be more rare and then this company.
    http://www.safetyharborfirearms.com/Single_Shot_Lower/single_shot_lower.html

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on these or knows of any other brands available.

Thanks!

2. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

I dunno....I think I'd live with a useless mag well to save a hundred bucks.

3. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

Personally I think the single shot lower makes it look more like a "real" .50 rifle and not some Frankenstein conversion.

I did just find out the DMPS single shot lower is not designed for specifically for the .50cal, its just a single shot AR lower which does not allow for a magazine, it still has the bolt catch on it.

Guess the Safe Harbor Lower is the one and only?

4. DERGLOCKINMEISTER

DERGLOCKINMEISTER SPRINGFIELD OREGON Member

There are several manufacturers of these ar - 50 cal kits . I just purchased a tactilite kit . BOHICA has one safety harbor looks good . Google the 50 cal kits and you will find 4 or 5 websites to check out . There are some order to arrival issues in the past , get a delivery time before you send your $