Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Single Shot AR lowers

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by cbzdel, Feb 14, 2010.

1. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

I have decided to go for the .50, but I am taking the cheaper route of getting an AR in .50cal

So after reviewing pics online I have determined that the single shot AR lowers look way better because there is no mag well, mag release, and bolt catch that would be useless on the .50 upper.

I have found only (2) companies that make the single shot lower, DMPS which seem to be more rare and then this company.
    http://www.safetyharborfirearms.com/Single_Shot_Lower/single_shot_lower.html

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on these or knows of any other brands available.

Thanks!

2. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

I dunno....I think I'd live with a useless mag well to save a hundred bucks.

3. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

Personally I think the single shot lower makes it look more like a "real" .50 rifle and not some Frankenstein conversion.

I did just find out the DMPS single shot lower is not designed for specifically for the .50cal, its just a single shot AR lower which does not allow for a magazine, it still has the bolt catch on it.

Guess the Safe Harbor Lower is the one and only?

4. DERGLOCKINMEISTER

DERGLOCKINMEISTER SPRINGFIELD OREGON Member

There are several manufacturers of these ar - 50 cal kits . I just purchased a tactilite kit . BOHICA has one safety harbor looks good . Google the 50 cal kits and you will find 4 or 5 websites to check out . There are some order to arrival issues in the past , get a delivery time before you send your $