JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Listening to all the gold commercials, I had this epipheny (sp?). Instead of spending $1800.00 on one ounce, I am buying up 22LR single shots and bricks of 22 rounds.
I figure a family man with lots of gold and no guns would trade some gold for a rifle to keep his family safe. I can get alot of 22's for $1800.00.
I have my own weapons and they are not single shots. What does anyone think of this. Go ahead you wont hurt my feeling. :s0155:

I think its a good idea. But I think gold is going to be a joke. Its just a yellow metal. If this does ever happen money/gold isn't going to mean a thing. But that's just me. Ill have food, water, meds, training and some guns and ammo..... and just hope to keep my family healthy and going strong.

About 75 years ago, many Jews who got themselves out of Europe before it was too late were able to start life over by using money they escaped with in the concentrated form of gold and diamonds sewn into the hems of their clothes. At the same time, Jews with armloads of .22s would have risked confiscation of their property at best or immediate execution at worst. My point is: SHTF can come in many different forms and 'money' that is valuable in one can be worthless in another. Be diversified.

Still, single shot .22s are good barter items; I believe your idea has strong merit.

Keith

I agree with the diamond etc, the Jews did get to start over, but as Americans where could we go? Mexico? We are kinda stuck. Wish I woulda bought it when it was $300.00 an ounce.

I agree with the diamond etc, the Jews did get to start over, but as Americans where could we go? Mexico? We are kinda stuck. Wish I woulda bought it when it was $300.00 an ounce.

What if America got itself involved in so many wars that they began drafting all eligible males between the ages of 18 and 65? I'm certain a majority of Americans, conservative or liberal alike, would have no problem crossing the border to Canada seeking asylum.

Keith

For those that don't understand gold, well, you don't understand traditional "barter". All gold, or your idea about having ss .22 rifles around, the whole idea is to preserve what can be exchanged for something else at a later time.

With hyper inflation (consider Germany in the 20's) it is good to have some assets in something other than useless government issued paper. Historically, Gold and silver have served this purpose well. I know an old German that paid his mortgage off in 1928 with a US $5 gold coin. At that same time the joke was it took a wheelbarrow full of government issued paper to purchase a loaf of bread.

If you want to see value in gold, study the history of Europe between WWI and WWII.

BTW: Properly stored whole grain wheat (not milled) makes for good barter material also, as do otehr food stuffs.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top