JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is anyone aware of a place to buy single live rounds of given cartridges? I don't own any of the following but would like to hold in my hands and enjoy them anyway. Things like .375 Cheytac, .416 Barrett, .600 Nitro Express, etc etc etc. Buying an entire box just to have is fairly expensive, though I accept that may be the only practical means of acquisition.

Most single round buys are made at gun shows, just like they are here in UK. the difference is that YOU can buy live rounds for guns you don't have, and here, we can't.

Many moons ago I saw an unopened package of .577-450 cartridges for the Martini-Henry, dated 1879 - the year in which Rorke's Drift battle took place [remember the movie 'Zulu'? Maybe not.] Anyhow, they were priced at £450 - then about $1000. A similarly unopened package from 1880 was 'only' £150.

Not aware of anywhere that would sell you just one cartridge. Might try seeking out someone who actually SHOOTS said cartridges and hit them up.

If they don't reload and have OCD. :D

You mean it isn't, right?

I'm learning.
No, it definitely is interesting. How a box of ammo made on a certain year would be so much more expensive than the very next year, whether it was on a battlefield or not

Not aware of anywhere that would sell you just one cartridge. Might try seeking out someone who actually SHOOTS said cartridges and hit them up.

If they don't reload and have OCD. :D
But maybe if I bought one each of a dozen rounds? It's a stretch, I know, but worth asking

I've seen some guys at gun shows doing this with large displays of single calibers; online, your best bet would be forums like this, or maybe ones specific to the guns that shoot the caliber in question. Best of luck with your search.

For those who might not be too au fait with the Battle of Rorke's Drift in Natal, South Africa, which took place overnight on 22 Jan 1879 – 23 Jan 1879, it was a fundamental moment in British military history, in which a small bunch of Royal Engineers and their infantry company guardians were engaged with around 4000 Zulu in an overnight battle that saw the British overcome the fearsome odds, and beat them off. The epic was made into another epic, this time of the movie screen, called 'Zulu', and is still worth a watch.

After the battle, there were no less than ELEVEN awards of the Victoria Cross, then, and now, the UK and Commonwealth's highest award for valour, and on a par with the US Medal of Honour. As with the Medal of Honour, most recipients are awarded it post mortem.

For this reason, any possible physical association, no matter how unlikely it might seem, attracts the highest prices - rather like finding a pack of ammunition that MIGHT be attributable to the Battle of the Little Big Horn, although, sadly we'll never know how many acts of valour took place there that would have earned the soldier a Medal of Honour.

For those who might not be too au fait with the Battle of Rorke's Drift in Natal, South Africa, which took place overnight on 22 Jan 1879 – 23 Jan 1879, it was a fundamental moment in British military history, in which a small bunch of Royal Engineers and their infantry company guardians were engaged with around 4000 Zulu in an overnight battle that saw the British overcome the fearsome odds, and beat them off. The epic was made into another epic, this time of the movie screen, called 'Zulu', and is still worth a watch.

Well, thanks for ruining the ending! :rolleyes::D I've seen the movie come up on my que for Amazon, but I've never watched it. Might just have to tonight.

Sorry. There's no point in pulling my post, which is what I thought about, since you can't unsee it. However, to much of the English-speaking world who have even an inkling about the military history of South Africa, not knowing that Rorke's Drift ended with a win for the British Army, as portrayed in one of the greatest of the epic war movies of the 20th centuries, is like saying that you would be surprised at the ending of 'The Alamo'.

Sorry. There's no point in pulling my post, which is what I thought about, since you can't unsee it. However, to much of the English-speaking world who have even an inkling about the military history of South Africa, not knowing that Rorke's Drift ended with a win for the British Army, as portrayed in one of the greatest of the epic war movies of the 20th centuries, is like saying that you would be surprised at the ending of 'The Alamo'.
Well don't ruin The Alamo for me, too!! :eek:

I am kidding. Hopefully you knew that. But from your post, I believe you actually thought I was serious about ruining the ending for Zulu! I was not.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top