Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Single point vs two point slings

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Boboclown, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Boboclown

Boboclown North Carolina Well-Known Member

I have a two point sling atm, but on my LWRC upper it gets in the way of removing the top of the handguard. Normally not an issue, but it bugs me nonetheless. Would switching over to a single point sling be worth it?

2. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

It's a purely subjective thing for each individual, and also what your main use (or mission) is. There are many inexpensive single-point kits (bungee type, etc) you can get in order to see if that method suits you.

3. Boboclown

I only ever use a sling for carry. Only used a sling once as support for shooting, and it didn't make enough of a difference tbh. I'll look around the surplus places for a cheap single point to try out I guess.

4. OutlawHoss

OutlawHoss Klamath-Siskyou Well-Known Member

Yes, definitely personal preference and type of carry/use you're are accustomed to. I prefer 3 point tactical slings because: a, they front/duty-carry naturally so one can have use of your hands, especially for transitioning from/to your sidearm and b, correctly fitted, they provide isometric 3 point tension for shooting off hand (a tactical 2 point sling can do much the same thing, but it doesn't adjust the same or give slack in the same manner). Single point can put all the weight on one point on your shoulder and hang in a manner that, for me, doesn't naturally lead to a shooting stance.
    I've bought and tried several different style of slings, and that's usually what people do unless you have access to test some out.
    I haven't used this specific model of sling, but have one very similar (i.e. not a 'tactic-cool' brand but well made none the less)
    T.H.E. Mamba 3 Point Universal Sling (http://www.specopsbrand.com/shooting-accessories/tactical-hunting-slings/t-h-e-mamba-weapon-sling.html)

5. JohnnyD

JohnnyD Vancouver Bang Bang

Magpul ms3 it can be both. I switch mine back and forth all the time 2 point while hiking to my shooting spot and single point for shooting.

6. L84Cabo

L84Cabo Orcas Island, WA Well-Known Member

There are slings that can go from single point to double point as needed. Savy Sniper is one of them.

Larrytpdx likes this.
  7. Larrytpdx

Larrytpdx Portland, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have one on my Tavor. It's what Tavor sells under their "brand". Excellent sling and I love it altho it's a bit $pendy.

8. Boboclown

I ended up settling with the sling I still have for the LWRC. Just attaching it to the bipod instead.

I did get a savvy sniper sling from IWI for the galil though (and it looks great on it too), and so far its tempting me to get one for the LWRC too.

Larrytpdx likes this.
  9. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

2 point for me. BTDT on single points and 3 points - I use a bungee type 2 point that can become a single point - but 2 point is easier and will readily carry the weapon wherever I need it. I like the option to sling the rifle over one shoulder, or across my back, or chest, or side me, etc.

I have the sling setup to hook onto the receiver end plate and onto the handguard near the receiver. I prefer HK style hooks for my slings, not a fan of QD.