JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am tired of seeing all of the ad's in the classifieds saying Glock "high capacity" magazines! Since when is a Glock 17 factory magazine "high capacity"?? Isn't that STANDARD CAPACITY for a Glock 17 unless you live in commi cali or possibly a few other states?? As far as I know most 10 round magazines are California Specials, so how does this make every thing over that "HIGH CAPACITY"??
Sorry for the rant, I am just tired of people posting misleading ad's!!

P.S. this does not just go for Glocks, it pretty much goes for anything of the sort!

I don't know, but this is one of the few things that drives me nuts sometimes. People are just feeding into the stereotype. 33 round fun sticks are standard capacity for the Glock 18 correct? As far as I am concerned if the firearm was designed to use a 6, 7, 13, 17, 25, 30, 60, 100, .... round magazine or if said number of rounds is the common magazine size, then said number of rounds is standard capacity for said firearm. It really gets me when someone calls a Glock 21 high capacity, because it carries more than 10 rounds. What a joke.

In my personal experience, standard capacity for AR-15's is 30 to 100 rounds, full size 9mm 15 rounds is the lower limit for standard capacity(preference more more), Semi auto 22lr anything below 25 rounds is low capacity.

I like that even the compact magazines for my XDm are "high capacity" The fact a pistol that small holds 14 rounds and 20 with the full size mag was a selling point to me. I also love the deeply flawed logic my pistol will become instantly more safe to myself and others if it held 3 fewer rounds...

Some time around 1993 or 1994, I believe.

I think you are uninformed...If that is the case why is it that every gun as far as Glock lineup (and several others) sell "California Legal" (come with ten round mags) and everything else is STANDARD CAPACITY??!! Glock 17 Standard capacity is 17 rounds. Glock 17 standard is 15 rounds and so on and so on. It is NOT ten rounds. Look it up, anything typically that only comes with ten as far as this style of firearm amongst others are "California Legal" Not "HIGH CAPACITY"!

I think you are uninformed...If that is the case why is it that every gun as far as Glock lineup (and several others) sell "California Legal" (come with ten round mags) and everything else is STANDARD CAPACITY??!! Glock 17 Standard capacity is 17 rounds. Glock 17 standard is 15 rounds and so on and so on. It is NOT ten rounds. Look it up, anything typically that only comes with ten as far as this style of firearm amongst others are "California Legal" Not "HIGH CAPACITY"!

It was a joke, meant to roughly reflect what MrNiceGuy said after me. It was something made up by politicians to sell a law.

I will not call a rifle or carbine an assault weapon. The style of a rifle is not an assault. I really dislike the liberal use of buzz words to create interest when they obviously do not apply.

I am tired of seeing all of the ad's in the classifieds saying Glock "high capacity" magazines! Since when is a Glock 17 factory magazine "high capacity"?? Isn't that STANDARD CAPACITY for a Glock 17 unless you live in commi cali or possibly a few other states?? As far as I know most 10 round magazines are California Specials, so how does this make every thing over that "HIGH CAPACITY"??

P.S. this does not just go for Glocks, it pretty much goes for anything of the

P.S. this does not just go for Glocks, it pretty much goes for anything of the sort!
Introducing the new Bolt-action Glock... pre-order now!

You mean Glock 19 is 15 rounds.

Its because of the staggered arrangement of the ammo in the magazine.
It's not the traditional "straight-in-a-line" stacking of ammo that had been used for many years (Browning Hi-Power and S&W 59 not withstanding).
Sure, it may be "standard" for the Glock, because its always been available with that type of magazine, but in pigeonholing magazine types, the type of magazine used in the Glock (and other pistols) are of the "High Capacity-type".

Brought to you by the same group of the political aisle that attempt to ban guns as much as they can at every chance they get.

Worse yet, the people who say "I support the second amendment." - but then vote for those people.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top