JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently became hooked on sim racing. Does anyone here have any experience with PC sim racing? I have been using my old ps3 as a cost saver but would like to move to PC. If anyone has any experience or suggestions for a good PC for a newbie please let me know.

How it began...
Downloaded gt6 for ps3 for about $10 a few months ago as a time killer. After about a month on a controller I decided to buy a cheap racing wheel/pedal set. Then addiction truly set in.

A few months later I am now attempting to build my own cockpit for the newly upgraded wheel/pedals. Due to lots of ergonomic changes it doesn't look the best but isn't the ugliest I've seen.

IMG_20170521_142350057.jpg IMG_20170521_142427397.jpg

Build your own PC and save 50% on a gaming rig.

If you can build an AR you can build a PC.

If you need some help I'd be happy to walk you thru it.

Just take a trip to fries. Can you get it cheaper online by 10-15%, yea but fries will diagnose it for free if you buy the components thru them.

Just what I've done and would do.

I recently became hooked on sim racing. Does anyone here have any experience with PC sim racing? I have been using my old ps3 as a cost saver but would like to move to PC. If anyone has any experience or suggestions for a good PC for a newbie please let me know.

How it began...
Downloaded gt6 for ps3 for about $10 a few months ago as a time killer. After about a month on a controller I decided to buy a cheap racing wheel/pedal set. Then addiction truly set in.

A few months later I am now attempting to build my own cockpit for the newly upgraded wheel/pedals. Due to lots of ergonomic changes it doesn't look the best but isn't the ugliest I've seen.

View attachment 364760 View attachment 364761
Looks real nice. I agree with building your own PC. With Fryes it is very simple to customize as you like. Auto racing is not my thing, however if you build a cockpit for a Flight Sim, that would get me every time.

As others have stated, building a gaming rig is like building an AR. Get a good CPU/MB/GPU and lots of RAM. A SSD helps a lot too for load times. I could help you out with this bro.

The PC guys at Fryes will walk you thru your options and then I believe if you don't want to try your hand at building it they will do it for a small fee. $1000-$1500 will get you a very nice gaming rig.

The PC guys at Fryes will walk you thru your options and then I believe if you don't want to try your hand at building it they will do it for a small fee. $1000-$1500 will get you a very nice gaming rig.

Yeah if you have $1500 to spend you can go big.

And personal preference? Intel/NVidea. If you go with AMD you'll get Radeon GPU and IMHO it was good back in the day but is behind the offerings from NVidea.

A guy I work w/is waaay into sim racing, not arcade type racing. He makes the distinction clearly, I think it's funny. Never have really been into racing games but starting playing w/the kids Xbox and Forza 6 (arcade style he calls it) and I gotta say, it's definitely fun. Especially for a guy who sold a 410 whp '05 S2000 a few years ago with about 30k in upgrades. Went 160mph on Hwy47, probably best I don't have it anymore....

A guy I work w/is waaay into sim racing, not arcade type racing. He makes the distinction clearly, I think it's funny. Never have really been into racing games but starting playing w/the kids Xbox and Forza 6 (arcade style he calls it) and I gotta say, it's definitely fun. Especially for a guy who sold a 410 whp '05 S2000 a few years ago with about 30k in upgrades. Went 160mph on Hwy47, probably best I don't have it anymore....
Lol sounds familiar, after about 3 speeding tickets in as many months....sold "fun" car and sticking to speeding on virtual roads:)

Did get a chance to run a buddies lightly modded s2000 at a track day and man those are some great handling little rides!

Thanks to some help from @Kruejl I found a great deal on a used PC. I lost the ad but I think he kept a copy if the specs.

A short trip to best buy (followed by an hour trying to get an employees attention) and vuala.

View attachment 366778

Nice touch with the beer can, does that SIM offer the option to attempt fleeing from the cops for a DUII and/or open container?

:D

Lol sounds familiar, after about 3 speeding tickets in as many months....sold "fun" car and sticking to speeding on virtual roads:)

Did get a chance to run a buddies lightly modded s2000 at a track day and man those are some great handling little rides!

It's funny, I bought it new and had that car for 9 years, turboed it after 10k miles and never got pulled over in it. No front license plate, dual 2.5" pipes = loud, a wicked loud blow-off, lowered, all custom bodywork w/a hardtop and custom paint. I'd run it against anyone who dared out on the rural hwy's, mostly sport bikes, they were actually the most fun. I pretty much topped 100 mph anytime I got in it, just passing someone I'd hit 100+ w/out even trying. Even though it was an AP2 (2nd gen) I still ran it to 9k completely stock except for the injectors, ECU, exhaust (obviously), and an upgraded cooling system. PSI tuned it, have a vid of the dyno run, 409 rwhp. I sold it w/29k miles (wasn't a daily driver), extremely driveable car in any weather. I miss it........

Very very cool Ryan!:cool:

Buddy had a performance shop for awhile and had the cops show up saying that there was a report of a yellow viper with his shops logo plastered on the back window doing 120mph across the I205 bridge.

He denied it and then went straight out and scraped the logos off his windows lol:D.

Simulations are more safe if not more fun:p:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top