JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know of a shop in the area that sells simple gunsmithing tools? I am specifically trying to find brass punches, roll pin punches, and a carding brush. Tried Home Depot, Lowes, Sears, and my local hardware store; no such luck. I may have to suck it up and pay shipping for Brownells or Midway...

Harbor freight has brass punches as well as small sets of regular punches for the roll pins. They also have small plastic/rubber hammers. Those type of tools are OK from them I just dont buy electrical tools there.

Thanks for the links; some of the punch sets I'd been eyeing on the Brownell and Midway sites are sold out - frankly that's what drove me to look locally - to no avail...I hear you on Harbor Freight; you get what you pay for. I had a torque wrENch from there that snapped the socket lug off on the first minor use of it...

If not Midway, then Brownells, and if not them, there are many others on the Net. Tools like this I've quit shopping locally (Portland area) as the selection is limited and the drive more than eats up the shipping cost.

I buy all my small punches from Sears, and its no hassle replacing them a few times a year. And they do have a small set of roll pin punches. Brass I get from Brownells, of from the brass scrap bin at a local machine shop.

I buy all my small punches from Sears, and its no hassle replacing them a few times a year. And they do have a small set of roll pin punches. Brass I get from Brownells, of from the brass scrap bin at a local machine shop.

Sears and Grabbucks is a good source with great warranty.

I made those weekly payments on the tool trucks for years but found that few automotive tools transition to gunsmith work. Punches and files cross over OK. Check evil bay for used Snap-on punches, you can dress the ends and they are as good as new, mostly:D

I want a full set of screw slot files but they are $45 each!:(

I picked up my roll pin punches at that little tool store at the south end of Lancaster Dr don't remember the name, they also have a large selection of brass punches.

You only really need #1 thru #5 roll pin punches.

I inquired about a brass punch at the local/smaller hardware store and was told "just buy a brass bolt, they're like a quarter", so I bought two. They've worked great so far, just ground a little off the ends to make em square.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top