JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As said, a simple request - only kind I can understand...

I have a Ballester Molina .45 ACP without a front sight: lost it during a shooting session.
Novak has a great selection of replacement sights that can be fitted, but in trading emails
with them they want to know how tall the front sight is. :confused: Not something I can answer.

Anyoune with a spare B-M front sight in their pocket; measure it for me...or if you have experience
in these things give a yell.

Thank you in advance.

Contrarian.

Mine measures approx 0.100" as measured from the elevation of the top of the slide using HF digital calipers. I had a deviation of +/- 0.005" over eight measurements. Mine (and most pictured on the net) is not dovetailed, but appears to be pressed in. The rear sight is dovetailed and drift adjustable for windage.

Natty Bumpo - thank you for the response... I appreciate the results of EIGHT :eek: measurements.

You are right - all I have at the front end of the slide is a small rectangular hole.

Natty - if you don't mind another question as a follow-up :
How does this .1 inch height of the front sight on a B-M compare with a GI 1911 sight?

Thanks again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads