JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I think many new and old gun owners voted for measure 114 or didn't vote. It's because they already have their guns. Many are silent and don't want to get chewed out by pro-gunners. Example, one friend, a new gunowner told me that he voted for it because it will make the streets safer. And it's too easy to buy a gun.

Another example, an old timer gunowner I know voted for it because he doesn't own any guns that holds more than 10 rounds mostly revolvers, 1911s, and hunting rifles. And that he has all the guns he needed and mentioned that there is too many guns on the streets and crime is out of control. Even in this forum, there is some are silent about their anti gun position but they continue to own guns. It's just like being a silent Trump voter, you don't want to get criticized for voting for him.

Both friends were reluctant to tell me how they voted. But they give their opinions without me criticizing them.

Gunowners are not united and many of them agreeing with the anti gunners that wants stricter gun laws. I think that's why we are losing this battle nationwide.

I think many new and old gun owners voted for measure 114 or didn't vote. It's because they already have their guns. Many are silent and don't want to get chewed out by pro-gunners. Example, one friend, a new gunowner told me that he voted for it because it will make the streets safer. And it's too easy to buy a gun.

Another example, an old timer gunowner I know voted for it because he doesn't own any guns that holds more than 10 rounds mostly revolvers, 1911s, and hunting rifles. And that he has all the guns he needed and mentioned that there is too many guns on the streets and crime is out of control. Even in this forum, there is some are silent about their anti gun position but they continue to own guns. It's just like being a silent Trump voter, you don't want to get criticized for voting for him.

Both friends were reluctant to tell me how they voted. But they give their opinions without me criticizing them.

Gunowners are not united and many of them agreeing with the anti gunners that wants stricter gun laws. I think that's why we are losing this battle nationwide.
And many who voted against 114 voted FOR all the same politicians who bring this garbage and support it constantly. Like the incoming illustrious governor, and others.

I wouldn't tell you either because it's none of your f&*39!ng business how I vote on anything.

I'd distance myself if this was what you were most concerned with in our friendship.

thatacceleratedquickly.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised by how many young Oregon voters were aware of the Measure and also voted against it.
Hopefully they join in the fight to overturn the Measure and do not become discouraged by the political infighting.

Wishing the best for all of you in the NW corner.

I think that's part of it along with the young ones turning of age to vote are taught / brainwashed from school and media that guns and the 2A are bad and evil,
also many parents are not teaching and exposing their kids to firearms or teaching right from wrong but instead teaching how the 2A is a horrible thing .
Another one is it does not matter how they feel about firearms but more important that they teach / raise their kids / students that voting for a Republican
must be avoided at all cost regardless of the outcome. In my opinion the system / schools / social media and a large portion of families have took the hook line and sinker. Just look at today's youth and the majority of 30 and younger crowd . I in my opinion feel as the older generations die off this will be a much different Country.
Like many of you on this site I enlisted and served our Country like so many others and so many paid the price for our freedom just to have our hard fought
freedoms thrown away by the brainwashing being taught by the system we pay taxes for. I bet the generations before us like grandparents / parents would be shaking their fists at this nonsense being jammed up our a$$
Sorry about my rant
end rant GIF

Take time to read the whole of a proposed measure.*
Then after thinking about it....re-read it again before voting.
The above often doesn't happen.

As for being silent...
Well no real surprise there.
Not many folks admit their mistakes or learn from them.
( Or so it seems.... )
Andy

*Edit to add...
As in the actual measure , "legalese" and all...
Do not rely on a synopsis or someone else's write up.

Last Edited:
Take time to read the whole of a proposed measure.
Then after thinking about it....re-read it again before voting.
The above often doesn't happen.

As for being silent...
Well no real surprise there.
Not many folks admit their mistakes or learn from them.
( Or so it seems.... )
Andy
The measure synopsis was a huge lie, and many voters only read the spark notes.

I think if people aren't smart enough to see that three decades of gun control hasn't worked with 20,000 gun laws on the books nationwide And gun crime getting dramatically worse if you think a few more laws is gonna fix it you're just a dumb person, There's really nothing wrong with that there's a lot of you just try and do better

I think if people aren't smart enough to see that three decades of gun control hasn't worked with 20,000 gun laws on the books nationwide And gun crime getting dramatically worse if you think a few more laws is gonna fix it you're just a dumb person, There's really nothing wrong with that there's a lot of you just try and do better
It's all about the feels.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads