JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, being that those whom have been elected to serve us are confused and think of us as their servants and serf's, I've decided to bite the bullet and invest in my first can.

My Requirements:
- Compact (want to keep it as close to 6" mark as possible)
- Must handle 9mm and .300 Blackout
- Can't break the bank (not looking to invest $2k in a can)
- Quality is a must

So, based upon my criteria, and price, I keep hovering around the Silencerco Omega 9K. I've found it for about $945 including tax stamp and an NRA one off trust.

Anyone have experience with this unit? Pro's? Con's? Something better out there at a reasonable comparable price point?

What say you, seasoned users of suppression devices? This oughta be fun :D

I have its big brother, the Omega 45K, my only complaint is that the back end cap the piston rides in is made out of aluminum, otherwise I think the rest of the can would be impossible to destroy short of a strike. I mean its a stellite interior with a welded stainless exterior.

This video is not specific to ur suppresssor in question but there are lots of similar videos out there like this one. U may want to explore the idea of the legal form 1 30 day wait time method vs 12 months or whatever.

I have an omega 9k copy. A blackhawk mini boss I bought for $350.

I am dissapointed in my purchase for a couple reasons. Some apply to the omega some do not.

A) it is very loud on a 10" 300blk firing supers, and still pretty loud firing subs.

B) with the aluminum sleeve on the miniboss it is too tall for most suppresor height irons.

C) I can't techincally use it on a 5.56, and 90% of my rifle shooting is 5.56 due to cost.

My plan is to just slap it on a VP9 and leave it ready to go as a home defense pistol for the wife.

I would buy something a little larger that can handle 5.56, if you shoot it a lot.

Wait for this. I am. Might get two!

YHM R9. Fully welded like all their others, but bored to 9mm. So it's essentially a beefed up Omega 9k. They are also advertising a MSRP of about $380. Capable of use with rifles and any pistol that fits.

1580770237926.jpeg

Wait for this. I am. Might get two!

YHM R9. Fully welded like all their others, but bored to 9mm. So it's essentially a beefed up Omega 9k. They are also advertising a MSRP of about $380. Capable of use with rifles and any pistol that fits.

View attachment 656530

Best part about that is that "cleaning" it after a range session of 9mm is just running a mag of 5.56 through it!

Does anyone know anything about these Kraken 9mm suppressors? I remember when they were on sale for $369 but now they are about $480. Ages ago I remember seeing a test where they were really good as far as sound levels. No idea on cleaning etc and never bothered to research them.

BC91511F-9321-4691-B74D-BA478B877408.jpeg

So, being that those whom have been elected to serve us are confused and think of us as their servants and serf's, I've decided to bite the bullet and invest in my first can.

My Requirements:
- Compact (want to keep it as close to 6" mark as possible)
- Must handle 9mm and .300 Blackout
- Can't break the bank (not looking to invest $2k in a can)
- Quality is a must

So, based upon my criteria, and price, I keep hovering around the Silencerco Omega 9K. I've found it for about $945 including tax stamp and an NRA one off trust.

Anyone have experience with this unit? Pro's? Con's? Something better out there at a reasonable comparable price point?

What say you, seasoned users of suppression devices? This oughta be fun :D
Capitol Armory has the 9K for $695 + stamp + trust

Caliber9mm, 300BLK
Weight8.8000
Length4.7
Diameter1.475
Decibel Reduction / Output131.5 dB with 147gr Ammunition
Full Auto RatedYes
MountPiston Mounting System / Thread On
Thread Pitch help.jpg No
FinishBlack Oxide
MaterialsNo
Can Be DisassembledNo
ManufacturerSilencerCo
WarrantyLifetime, SilencerCo will warranty stupid once
ModelNo
Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price$865.00

Capitol Armory has the 9K for $695 + stamp + trust

Caliber9mm, 300BLK
Weight8.8000
Length4.7
Diameter1.475
Decibel Reduction / Output131.5 dB with 147gr Ammunition
Full Auto RatedYes
MountPiston Mounting System / Thread On
Thread Pitch View attachment 656587No
FinishBlack Oxide
MaterialsNo
Can Be DisassembledNo
ManufacturerSilencerCo
WarrantyLifetime, SilencerCo will warranty stupid once
ModelNo
Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price$865.00
Silencer Shop does as well:

So where are you finding this can for $380? I'd be interested
It's not for sale yet. The released it at shot show. Should be for sale this summer at stocking dealers. They stated at shot they are looking at SUB 400 bucks. They said in a few places $380 MSRP. They are not putting in the inconel blast baffle like their rifle cans, so it's 100% 17-4 stainless. They say it can take 308 but no full auto on anything. Should handle 9mm all day long as that's what they "optimized" it for. Super sonic 300 black, no problem, 350 legend, no problem. 556, sure!

Im excited to buy it when it comes out. Should be a great utility can for my needs.

It's not for sale yet. The released it at shot show. Should be for sale this summer at stocking dealers. They stated at shot they are looking at SUB 400 bucks. They said in a few places $380 MSRP. They are not putting in the inconel blast baffle like their rifle cans, so it's 100% 17-4 stainless. They say it can take 308 but no full auto on anything. Should handle 9mm all day long as that's what they "optimized" it for. Super sonic 300 black, no problem, 350 legend, no problem. 556, sure!

Im excited to buy it when it comes out. Should be a great utility can for my needs.
Let me know if you see it anywhere

I have had a cz scorpion for almost 2 years now. My whole initial intent was to get it, micro it, and suppress it. Then WA started passing a sh!t ton of anti-gun bills and my funding went into expanding my FFL transfers instead. However, I'm kind of glad I waited. During the wait, I have been able to look at more and more cans.

Here is my list of potentials:

#1: Rugged Obsidian 9
I like the look, size, FDE to match my Scorpion and P365, and it will match my Oculus.

#2: Dead Air Wolfman.
Originally I was set on the Wolf 9sd, but then they upgraded it. The size will still fit inside my HBI rail, but might be too big overall for my pistols. The can has gotten raving reviews for quietness. The company seems to be loved and supportive. The can takes [essentially] user replaceable wipes on the cheap.

#3 Dead Air Odessa 9.
The size and TFB review seemed to be selling points for me. The same review sold me on the P365, so I'm still looking at this can.

#4 Innovative Arms IA-SC9
This is just for the Scorpion, but it seems to be the quietest option out there for it. With the new micro to be released after shotshow, I may go this route for the Scorpion and one of the above for my other pistols.

As for price, its about in the same order with the IA-SC9 the most expensive.

Just my thoughts.

I am in the suppressor market also, been doing a lot of research and was sold on the Dead Air Sandman S/K but after further looking at the Yankee Hill Machine suppressors I am not sure now. I have a few buddys that run them and it seems they have been very happy with them and price seems very good. Anybody have any insight as I am very new to supressors and I would like to do it once and do it right but don't want to overspend if quality is the same.

On sale. $689. Personally I'd go for the .45 can. You can use it on anything.

I am in the suppressor market also, been doing a lot of research and was sold on the Dead Air Sandman S/K but after further looking at the Yankee Hill Machine suppressors I am not sure now. I have a few buddys that run them and it seems they have been very happy with them and price seems very good. Anybody have any insight as I am very new to supressors and I would like to do it once and do it right but don't want to overspend if quality is the same.
Shooting my YHM back to back with cans 2x it's cost, sounds the same. Only notable trade off is weight, they are heavy.

I truly think YHM is the suppressor company for the people. They market their stuff way below what others are for essentially the same thing. Once their new 9mm can comes to market, I'd be highly susceptible to buying another Turbo or Resonator at the same time, if not at least two of the new R9s.

That's the life of owning silencers though. As soon as you get yours, a newer better model comes out. Sometimes as you are waiting on the one you already bought.

I've been looking at the new Silencerco M36 suppressor. This will shoot any caliber from 224 to 338 Magnum and it is modular too

• Home /
  • SilencerCo Omega 36M

SilencerCo Omega 36M
Availability: In stock
MSRP: $1,187.00 Our Price: $949.99 Save 19%
Qty:

* This item qualifies for Easy Pay help.jpg

sco-36m_thumb.jpg

Quick Overview
SILENCERCO'S LATEST RELEASE - PRE-ORDER TODAY - EXPECTED DELIVERY SOON!
The Omega 36M from SilencerCo is a modular, fully welded suppressor designed to handle a huge variety of calibers. While it can do the traditional 5.56 to 300 Win Mag like other suppressors in class, the Omega 36M can also accommodate larger projectiles such as 9x19, 350 Legend, 357 Magnum, and even 338 Lapua Magnum. In addition to the shooter being able to easily use the Omega 36M on their host firearm of choice, they can also adjust the length to suit their specific needs. Roughly 2" can be removed from the front, bringing the suppressor from just under 7" all the way down to 4.9".
Constructed from Titanium, Cobalt 6, and Inconel, the Omega 36M can stand up to a substantial amount of abuse. Even being able to withstand that abuse, it comes in at almost half the weight of the Chimera. In it's full size configuration it has a base weight of 11.9 ounces and it can be dropped to a base weight of 9.2 ounces in the shorted variant.
The mounting system on the Omega 36M is a departure from both the Omega 300 and Omega 9K/45K. It uses a Charlie mounting system, so existing Saker/Chimera mounts are compatible. It ships with a Charlie ASR mount, allowing for easy attachment to the most common muzzle device in the industry. In addition to the existing mounts for the Saker and Chimera, the Omega 36M is also compatible with the new 3-Lug and Piston systems to allow for use on 9mm subguns and handguns.

FEATURES
  • Shorter and lighter than other's in class
  • Full-auto and magnum rated
  • Stellite blast baffle for durability
  • Compatible with the industry's most common mounting system - ASR
  • Replaceable end caps
  • Compatible with all Charlie / Saker accessories
  • Can be used with an extensive caliber list

WHAT'S INCLUDED
  • Charlie ASR mount
  • 9mm flat front cap
  • Tools for usability
  • Suppressor pouch and manual

COMPATIBLE ACCESSORIES

*Color

You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Caliber.224, .380, 7.62x39, FN 5.7x28, .223, 5.56mm, 9mm, 300BLK, .308, 7.62mm, .300 Win Mag, .338, 6.8 SPC, 6.5, .338 Lapua Mag
Weight11.9000
Length4.9-6.84
Diameter1.56"
Decibel Reduction / OutputNot Provided
Full Auto RatedYes
MountSilencerCo ASR
Thread Pitch No
FinishCerakote
MaterialsCobalt 6, Inconel, Titanium, 17-4 SS
Can Be DisassembledNo
ManufacturerSilencerCo
WarrantyLifetime. Further, SilencerCo warranties stupid once.
ModelNo

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews