JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got excited about the 36m, or as I like to call it, the Hybrids little brother. But the cost just kills it when other companies are coming out with rifle cans bored to 9mm.

I got excited about the 36m, or as I like to call it, the Hybrids little brother. But the cost just kills it when other companies are coming out with rifle cans bored to 9mm.
Thats why I don't own one!! I have 308 covered but own a 45-70 that I would like to suppress. So I guess I just sit and wait, and wait, and wait!

EDIT-- From Capitol Armory
The Omega 36M cannot pass a projectile with a larger diameter than .360.

So 338LM, 9mm, 357 & 350 legend are all good to go. 45-70 is out

Last Edited:
Shooting my YHM back to back with cans 2x it's cost, sounds the same. Only notable trade off is weight, they are heavy.

I truly think YHM is the suppressor company for the people. They market their stuff way below what others are for essentially the same thing. Once their new 9mm can comes to market, I'd be highly susceptible to buying another Turbo or Resonator at the same time, if not at least two of the new R9s.

That's the life of owning silencers though. As soon as you get yours, a newer better model comes out. Sometimes as you are waiting on the one you already bought.
Thanks for your opinion, kinda the same things I hear from my buddys. The unfortunate thing is they live in another state so unfortunately I can not shoot them to have an opinion like you have.

Thats why I don't own one!! I have 308 covered but own a 45-70 that I would like to suppress. So I guess I just sit and wait, and wait, and wait!
Lol, the struggle is real!

I was thinking of getting in on an integral this year, then YHM showed off that 9mm can, now I can't stop thinking how much more use I'd get out of that over an integral. Though, the integral is still very much on my list of things I want!

Lol, the struggle is real!

I was thinking of getting in on an integral this year, then YHM showed off that 9mm can, now I can't stop thinking how much more use I'd get out of that over an integral. Though, the integral is still very much on my list of things I want!

LOL. I have a 300BO pistol that I may dedicate a direct mount can onto. Want to lower my inventory so I get to shoot my favorites more.

So guys anybody have an experienced opinion of the Dead Air Sandman S and K? Or should I be looking for a single hybrid can? Somebody please school me.
What calibers are you looking to suppress? Do you want to be able to move the can from one weapon to another or just have it for one?

I notice that neither one of those cans says that it will do 9x19/9mm. Not sure why not but you should call and check that out before you buy. Weird

Last Edited:
What calibers are you looking to suppress? Do you want to be able to move the can from one weapon to another or just have it for one?

I notice that neither one of those cans says that it will do 9x19/9mm. Not sure why not but you should call and check that out before you buy. Weird
9mm/5.56/.308 and yes I will move from a Scorpion Evo/AR/ mainly. Not sure how much I would use on a pistol but who knows.

9mm/5.56/.308 and yes I will move from a Scorpion Evo/AR/ mainly. Not sure how much I would use on a pistol but who knows.
You will need a .30 caliber can for the 308. The 9K will be too small for that. The 45K will do the 9, 5.56 and will cover a 300BO but not the 308. You pay too much and wait too long to go and blast the guts out. I use a Sco Chimera 300. I have a flash hider on different rifles so I can move the can around

You will need a .30 caliber can for the 308. The 9K will be too small for that. The 45K will do the 9, 5.56 and will cover a 300BO but not the 308. You pay too much and wait too long to go and blast the guts out. I use a Sco Chimera 300. I have a flash hider on different rifles so I can move the can around

Just to be clear, you know that the Omega 45K is not rated for 5.56 right?
It will do 9mm, 45, and 300 Blk (sub and supers) but definitely NOT 5.56!

The Dead Air Ghost45 will do most pistol calibers and subsonic 300Blackout. It's a modular design and can be built up as a long or short can.

Omegas 9's are great cans. I have a couple on dedicated 9mm SBRs, using the Omega 9K. The Octane is a great one too, but longer. The Wolfman are silly quiet, but just a tad more more money and a bit longer. Ruggeds are nice. AAC TiRant Ms are solid. Damn near every can mentioned about, we stock. You can put your hands on them, compare side by side. No tax or transfer fee to Oregon residents, in house trusts, fingerprints, photographs as well. One stop shop.

I am giving up on AAC. Ever since Remington bought them theyve lost their edge. No new novel designs, everything they make is on back order. Good luck getting a 3 lug for their tirants. Ive got a 45 Tirant that has been in for service for 5 weeks now. Called yesterday and was told 3 months maybe. I've been old school too long. AAC, SWR ( remember them ) and Silencerco. No more. I'm going to try a Rugged out next time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top