JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's not baffling to those of us confident enough in our reading comprehension skills of relevant statuates to represent ourselves in some (but not all) legal matters. It's usually just a matter of finding out what form to fill out (and when).

You've no idea what's in my trust and how it's written, but rest assured it's eloquent, concise, and matter of fact. It's not written by some illiterate simpleton (that being ME), and I sleep quite well at night over it. Again do what's best for you.

Here ya go, FOT. Everything you ever wanted to know about Oregon law concerning a Trust: http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/chapter/130

Are you actually saying that you read through all of that text--as a non-professional--and drafted your own NFA trust? I don't know whether to be impressed by you or be worried for you. Really, truly? You have to tell us a little more!

I mean, I one time used some NOLO Press boilerplate to do some legal paperwork on my own. And the judge was impressed. But at least I was just filling out boilerplate. You are saying you created your own documents whole cloth. WOW!!!

Last Edited:
No, only dummies reinvent the wheel. I found an already decent NFA template online with a little research, modified it to suit my needs, then executed it. A lot of legal documents are "fill in the blanks" templates these days, and it's an expensive lesson I learned in divorce court when I realized I was looking at cookie-cutter forms from both sides...

I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not saying everyone should do their own trust if they're uncomfortable with it or lack the aptitude to do it. My original point/question was "backed by a lawyer" (as stated earlier) meant what exactly? Just because you buy this silencer/trust package DOES NOT mean you have legal representation. Sheesh, it's probably a flippin' template that gets the blanks filled in, too. I've seen some pretty crappy lawyers who couldn't find their arse with both hands and had to wear slip-on shoes because they can't do laces.

I know the legal system is a huge mystery to the vast majority of folks like its a huge cabal of wizards or something, but it really comes down to knowing which forms to fill out (and when) for more things than you think. You are allowed to represent yourself in this country, and if you're able to do that in some situations then more power to you.

Besides, I did stay at a Holiday Express once. ;)

Stomp I like that you took it into your own hands and made it work :cool:

When it came time for me I just bought one. I did not have the time or the patience to try and do one myself.

When I was looking there were so many ways of going about it. Almost enough to make your head spin.....

I think when it comes down to it go with what makes you feel comfortable....there are almost as many trusts out there to buy than there are cans....

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top