JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My general rule statement when it comes to tools or other things in general

"Things designed to do everything do nothing well"

Agreed. This was my 5th suppressor purchase... I would not pick this as a first. This was intended to fill the rest of the "gaps" in my lineup.

UPDATE: Called impactguns this morning, they had over 500 orders for this can over the weekend... They only have 3 in stock at this price. Apparently a problem with the website allowed all the orders to go through. They let me know my order would be cancelled. I kind of anticipated something like this happening. Oh well!

I am hoping to get one in the near future. Is it better to buy one specifically for a pistol or are the universal ones just as good?

I would think but what do I know:confused: that a suppressor designed specifically for a certain caliber would be better.
I bought my first can for a specific caliber, having wished afterwards that I had purchased a multi cal can. Then the waiting game was on again, as I couldn't use my 5.56 can for 308 or 9mm.
If I could've done it over, I would've purchased the silencerco hybrid first.

Ok another question for you guys that have silencers. Do the silencers change the recoil of a gun? Make it worse, better or the same.

Just want to know more for knowledge.

when i get mine i plan to give you guys a review. i will be starting off by shooting it thru my glock 23, 300blk pistol and lr308.

im super excited for this can.

I've got a vintage HK P9s 9mm pistol that has the roller delayed blow back system and a fixed barrel so it doesn't need the Nielson devise piston spring and I found that it handles way better then my other pistols that have a moving barrel.

Im not sure this is a true statement when it comes to cans.. I know you have quite a few of them.. but with a larger can volume such as the hybrid and the correct end cap.. I would surmise its actually better than the caliber specific ones.. I know for a fact that my Omega works better on a 223 than a caliber specific 223 can.. mostly because of the extra volume in the can.. I can put a 223 end cap on it.. but why.. its pleasant to shoot without muffs, same for my 308.. maybe a different story for a 300 win mag.. but I dont own one of those yet..

That's an absolute statement. I tend to avoid those. My Hybrid should be here soon enough, and I'll give it a fair review. I have other cans to compare it to.

Im not sure this is a true statement when it comes to cans.. I know you have quite a few of them.. but with a larger can volume such as the hybrid and the correct end cap.. I would surmise its actually better than the caliber specific ones.. I know for a fact that my Omega works better on a 223 than a caliber specific 223 can.. mostly because of the extra volume in the can.. I can put a 223 end cap on it.. but why.. its pleasant to shoot without muffs, same for my 308.. maybe a different story for a 300 win mag.. but I dont own one of those yet..
Did you not read my post before?

That's an absolute statement. I tend to avoid those. My Hybrid should be here soon enough, and I'll give it a fair review. I have other cans to compare it to.
It is an absolute statement because it is an absolute truth.

You can't have something that was designed as a compromise to do 50 various jobs do a specific job as well as a tool designed to do that thing and that thing alone. It can't be done.

In the case of a can there is still always a compromise which will either be size or efficiency.

Will it work fine with a variety of things? Sure, but it will never do all the jobs better than cans specifically designed for a particular application

It is an absolute statement because it is an absolute truth.

You can't have something that was designed as a compromise to do 50 various jobs do a specific job as well as a tool designed to do that thing and that thing alone. It can't be done.

In the case of a can there is still always a compromise which will either be size or efficiency.

Will it work fine with a variety of things? Sure, but it will never do all the jobs better than cans specifically designed for a particular application
That's a fallacy. One, it isn't designed to "do everything." It's designed to suppress .223 to .45-70, and does so very well. Your argument about tradeoffs are moot. There are heavier 5.56 cans out there that are bigger, and DON'T suppress as well because they're older technology. If we went out to look at your vehicles I'd bet we'd find some manner of all weather tires on your car, wouldn't we? Why on earth would you drive on tires not meant only for road driving? Why would you want tires that can perform in the rain when it's a sunny day? It's a bad adage to claim to live by, and doesn't give you an ounce of authority when it comes to expertise in tools or equipment.

That's a fallacy. One, it isn't designed to "do everything." It's designed to suppress .223 to .45-70, and does so very well. Your argument about tradeoffs are moot. There are heavier 5.56 cans out there that are bigger, and DON'T suppress as well because they're older technology. If we went out to look at your vehicles I'd bet we'd find some manner of all weather tires on your car, wouldn't we? Why on earth would you drive on tires not meant only for road driving? Why would you want tires that can perform in the rain when it's a sunny day? It's a bad adage to claim to live by, and doesn't give you an ounce of authority when it comes to expertise in tools or equipment.

You have either misread my statement or simply do not understand it.

What I said was "things designed to do everything do nothing well"

Do I have all terrain tires? I do. They are a compromise. Do they work as well in the mud as mud tires? No. Do they work as well in the rain as a performance rain tire? Nope. How about in the snow as good as a snow tire, not a chance. They do not do the job as well as something designed for that specific purpose and never will.

Last Edited:
And for the record when I made that statement it was simply a comment, it was not commentary about the Hybrid suppressor.

I still say it holds true, it can't possibly be the best suppressor for each of its intended hosts. It simply can't. That would violate the laws of physics. Does it do a reasonable job? Im sure it does, but as I said previously it still has to be a compromise for either size or efficiency to other products designed specifically for a particular host.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top