JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was all a mirage. Wait times may get a bump in the right direction, but ultimately they still want the process to suck.

eForm 4's were initially touted to take only 90 days or less, but then they (BATFE - Bureau of All Things Fun and Exciting) decided to shift priority to the backlog of paper form submissions, which adds considerable delay to the new eForm submissions.

Oh, and they're the government, so...

I'm very impatiently waiting for an eform 3 approval. It's only been a week, but I keep hoping it'll get done fast so it can get to my LGS for the eform 4.
In Oct, ATF said 180 days for Eform 4.

Silencershop.com has posted the following data on tracking submissions to approvals
Eforms are averaging 8 months based on recent data. My suppressor is in there somewhere.

First one was right around 120 days. I'm coming up on 8 months for my new one, and I'm rather concerned with ip114 staring down the barrel at me.

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing long waits on their silencer. I did the electronic version and it's been like 6 months
16 months, for a stamp that came in on Sunday which is not my longest wait. Assume a year. 22 months for my longest. All my super long waits were for .22 suppressors. Machine guns 6 months or so.

As I've stated on other can threads, My 'guy' is saying that he's getting stuff back right around the 7 month mark
It has been my experience these things tend to vary quite a bit. I got batch approved on my 2 stamps (which is a rarity, but the same inspector signed off the same day on 2 items) My experience (which I believe is fairly extensive) has been 4-22 months for form 4s. 1-3 months on form 1s. For some strange reason my .22 suppressors are always the outliers on how long they take for approval. I bought my first suppressor. a .22 osprey. I had my second suppressor, a 7.62 specwar for a year before the osprey was approved.

6 months is a short wait, kiddo. You'd be lucky to get it that quick. Just go on a walk, get some fresh air and forget allll about it even existing until you get that call

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top