JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The grip panels were part of the frame, Orygun. Not sure what year they made the change. I fondled an older 22/45 in a gun store last week, and thought it felt sort of like a 1911 (a lot more than the Mark I/II/III), but really thin. Probably the way I'd go for my next 22 plinker since I prefer the grip angle on a 1911, more perpendicular to the frame. Just what I'm used to.

The seller didn't have a newer 22/45 RP to show me, but said they now have replaceable panels (hence the added RP). Something needs to be shaved or ground to make them fit, but it's supposedly easy. A pair of those cheap rubber Hogues would make it feel more like my combat 1911.

Apparently the grip on the RP model is wider, too. Still not quite as thick as a standard 1911, but getting closer. So that's what I thought I wanted to buy next... until my buddy got back from the SHOT show yesterday and told me the latest RP has replaceable panels AND a threaded barrel. Must have.

Probably won't run right out and add all the extra license, cost, and weight of a suppressor (not to mention suitable sub-sonic ammo that feeds properly). But I'll know that I can without having to mod the barrel.

Come to think of it, maybe I should just acquire the whole package sooner than later, while it's still legal.

I liked the one with the accessory rail on bottom...but it doesn't have open sights. the one with open sights doesn't have the rail and the sights are fixed...I think they just missed the mark for me.

The grip panels were part of the frame, Orygun. Not sure what year they made the change. I fondled an older 22/45 in a gun store last week, and thought it felt sort of like a 1911 (a lot more than the Mark I/II/III), but really thin. Probably the way I'd go for my next 22 plinker since I prefer the grip angle on a 1911, more perpendicular to the frame. Just what I'm used to.

The seller didn't have a newer 22/45 RP to show me, but said they now have replaceable panels (hence the added RP). Something needs to be shaved or ground to make them fit, but it's supposedly easy. A pair of those cheap rubber Hogues would make it feel more like my combat 1911.

Apparently the grip on the RP model is wider, too. Still not quite as thick as a standard 1911, but getting closer. So that's what I thought I wanted to buy next... until my buddy got back from the SHOT show yesterday and told me the latest RP has replaceable panels AND a threaded barrel. Must have.

Probably won't run right out and add all the extra license, cost, and weight of a suppressor (not to mention suitable sub-sonic ammo that feeds properly). But I'll know that I can without having to mod the barrel.

Come to think of it, maybe I should just acquire the whole package sooner than later, while it's still legal.

A few corrections.

1) The 22/45 RP can take modified 1911 grips, both thin and thick. The ones it comes with are "thin". The modification is to relieve the area around the bolt catch.

2) The new 22/45 RP with threaded barrel only has a 4.5" barrel. Any standard or "high velocity" ammo will still be subsonic. You don't need to run subsonic ammo (which is designed to be subsonic in a rifle).

3) A quality .22 suppressor is 4-5oz. in weight.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top