JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If I set up my trust through silencer shop, is there anything I should be aware of before I buy it. Is there any funky regulation that might effect me using it in Oregon? I just want to be sure before I spend $130. I know I could do my own, but I am not going to.

Cool thank you.

So the petition to change the standards for NFA items when it comes to trusts won't be heard until 2015? If so, when would the new rules actually apply. I don't move north until Jan 2nd 2015...

I've purchased supressors in my name before. This past week, I purchased another can and used a trust for the first time. I used http://nwgunlawgroup.com/gun-trusts/
They had good reviews and people on this site have used them. It was under a 100. Even though the efile server is down, I'm mailing in the paperwork. I'm interested to see how this works compared to the past. I know silencershop has some deals online, but if you take your time and you will find competitive prices cans locally. I picked up the aac tirant in 45 for 690 plus my stamp fee. Anyway, I reccomend buying local. Most dealers that transfer nfa items might have something you like?

I won't be getting anything for 4-5 months. Just getting my options started before I move :)
I second Cocktailers recommendation for the Northwest Gun Law Group trust. It is specific to Oregon, not a one size fits all "solution". Their bronze edition is only $97. I have one and so far it has been used for 2 suppressors and a SWD M11-9 (full auto).

Cocktailer will have to transfer to a dealer in Oregon who will then arrange the transfer to you. I work with Jason at JC Weaponry, he is is Newberg OR. And Jason also knows Cocktailer as well so he can do the transfer to you. A dealer to dealer transfer is pretty short in time, the wait is the transfer to you which is now drastically reduced. I just got word of an approval for my new toy today, which the transfer started in late February on a E Form so it was less than 5 months.

Once you move to oregon. You aren't ever moving back to California right?

I will be in Oregon for at least four years. After that, I may go somewhere else for school to complete my licensing. The chances of me going to CA for school after this aren't too likely. If I have to pick the state's in order that I would like to go to, I have about 30 choices before CA or the east coast states with equally terrible gun laws.

I visited Portland very recently and loved it. I am from San Francisco and it reminds me of SF without the ridiculous cost of living and the asinine gun laws. I'm at that age where I am just starting to figure out my core values, so right now I'd say the chances of me moving to a non friendly 2A state are slim.

I just bought a can at Wade's in Bellevue. They have and provide a working trust for free.
Talking to them it became obvious that the whole trust thing is over hyped! It's a simple piece of paper that doesn't need a fat fee to a lawyer.
They have used the exact same one for hundreds of suppressors (and lately SBRs) for years without any issues whatsoever.

I just bought a can at Wade's in Bellevue. They have and provide a working trust for free.
Talking to them it became obvious that the whole trust thing is over hyped! It's a simple piece of paper that doesn't need a fat fee to a lawyer.
They have used the exact same one for hundreds of suppressors (and lately SBRs) for years without any issues whatsoever.

consider that a trust is an instrument designed to keep you out of _federal prison_. NFA laws are no joke!

does it seem a good idea to you to cheap out on one?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top