JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
consider that a trust is an instrument designed to keep you out of _federal prison_. NFA laws are no joke!

does it seem a good idea to you to cheap out on one?
I agree. It is more than a "simple piece of paper". Mine is 18 pages and written by an attorney specifically to be a NFA trust.

Last Edited:
I agree. It is more than a "simple piece of paper". Mine is 18 pages.

also consider that quicken _explicitly_ states NOT to use their software for NFA trusts, they warn that their trusts are not legal for that purpose.

lots of people use quicken willmaker for NFA trusts, and are unaware their trust is not legal. if they ever get their trust challenged, they are in deep trouble. because not only have they violated federal law, but they also have no lawyer to defend it.

part of the cost of a true NFA trust is the fee for the attorney to represent you and the trust.

no attorney? that trust is probably not worth the paper it's written on.

read up on NFA laws and the penalties for violating them. then decide if it's a good idea to cheap out.

Go here:

http://www.guntrustlawyer.com/

There is a blog on Davids website that talks about using quicken for gun trusts. David is who I used, he has a local (to us Oregonians) lawyer as a contact that prepares the trusts for us. His name is Jake Whitmire, very knowledgeable guy, easy to work with etc.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top