JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Getting into buying my first can! Want something that can go all around from 9mm up to 308! The silencer co hybrid 46 seems like it fits the bill, but I'm sure I have to buy other attachments to make it compadable? Any one have any kind of info on this? Can't really find anything on the web about it!

Getting into buying my first can! Want something that can go all around from 9mm up to 308! The silencer co hybrid 46 seems like it fits the bill, but I'm sure I have to buy other attachments to make it compadable? Any one have any kind of info on this? Can't really find anything on the web about it!
While it would make a 9mm very nose heavy this can is very good for rifles and will even work on a 45-70. On any rifle you might use it on mount a SilencerCo ASR flash hider or muzzle brake. if the can has the ASR QD attachment you can move it from rifle to rifle with ease. FH & brakes run about $80 each and the attachment off the top of my head is $100+. This IS a multi-platform can but more a rifle can. To use on a pistol caliber you need a piston & spring to put inside it.

I use mine on a 9MM pistol / rifle , a 44 mag rifle , 300 BLK , 6.8 spc , 308 win.
My son and two of my friends also have one. great multi use can. 8tkAYCL.jpg

I like mine. It is on the heavy and large side for handguns, but it is quiet. It is the same size and many rifle cans, and does 45/70. A bit heavier, and about as quiet as an Omega. You are not supposed to shoot lead out of it. All in all though, it is a great first can, or can for someone who only wants two cans (Everyone NEEDS a .22 can to round out a collection).

Last Edited:
I shoot 300gr cast 44 mags through it if you get lead build up just run some high powered rifle rounds through it to burn the lead out. DCLI0H8.jpg

Yes you need a piston, I run direct thread on the 9MM rifle and the 44 mag rifle and have a ratchet mount for my deadair brakes on the other rifles.

I have used mine on .223, 300blk, 44 mag, 458 socom, many different hunting rifles and a couple glock 9mm pistols. I have a couple different direct thread adapters for the long guns and a booster for the pistols.. I have not worried about changing the end cap to have a quieter noise signature with the calibers smaller than .458 as it seems to work fine with the included .460 end cap.

Last Edited:
So you have to have different attachments to use for pistol?
Yes, different pistons to fit the thread of the handgun. I also have direct thread mounts to work on a couple of my rifles. I also have flash hiders/comps on a few rifles, which you need a quick disconnect for. Accessories can get spendy, but they have sales a few times a year. Pistons also fit the Octane 45 can I have, so that is handy. Other accessories fit the Omega can I have. That said, I don't know if I would have bought the Omega, if I had bought the Hybrid first. Octane came free when I bought the Hybrid, but I am not sure if I would have bought it separately. Buying now, I would probably just get the Hybrid and either a Rugged Oculus or Silencerco Switchback .22 can. Then call it good.

You can adapt a piston mount to run as a direct thread by using a fixed spacer. They're less expensive then a direct thread mount in most cases.
You just remove the spring and install the spacer.

1595772026732.png

I'm with you man, I'm looking at my first can as well and the hybrid caught my eye. Another one that's just about as versatile is the Rugged Obsidian 45. It does a crazy amount of pistol and rifle calibers, plus .22LR.

I have this can, here is what i did
For all of my pistols I bought just the 5/8x24 piston...then I bought sleeve adapters so that all my 9mm guns (which Came 1/2") were converted to 5/8"....now I can use on any 9mm or .45 Tb in my safe

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top