JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well my buddy's dad lost his home/shop due to an electrical fire and all his stuff burnt up. lots of nice guns too... so my buddy wanted to clean up one of his dads custom 44 magnums that somewhat survived the fire. well he first tried my walnut media in the blaster, and while it was working, it wasn't working well enough.

so next day he brought over very fine white glass media and we used the dust separator to change out the media (basically vacuumed it all up and changed buckets for the separator after lol)

well after seeing how well that glass media cleaned up the aluminum and stainless on that revolver. I figured what the hell: I was bored, so I gave the baffles another go with the glass media and was very quick with the gun passes to be sure it didn't stay in one spot for more than a second.

first and probably last time I will have to use that media on them, but wow! they look brand new and it literally took maybe 30 seconds per baffle to get them completely clean.
20140501_150424_zps8de0c966.jpg

20140501_150453_zps35a751ab.jpg

the next cleaning will be done with the walnut media and should be equally as easy since I will probably clean it after every use now.

if they eventually wear out, I'll have it rebuilt with stainless baffles.

So if you ever have baffles that just won't come clean: hit it with glass media in a blast cabinet. it will instantly come clean!

Cans are such a PITA to clean. I recall following this thread four years ago. I am resurrecting it to see if there are any updates to the info already listed. If thread needs to die, so be it.

Cans are such a PITA to clean. I recall following this thread four years ago. I am resurrecting it to see if there are any updates to the info already listed. If thread needs to die, so be it.
What kinda info are you looking for specifically?

Cleaned my tactical solutions axiom for the first time this weekend after 4 years of ownership. I should clean it more often. I scrapped off whatever I could before I put the baffle into a ultalrasonic cleaner with water and simple green. The two on the left us before I scrubbed.

20190528_200644.jpg

Cleaned my tactical solutions axiom for the first time this weekend after 4 years of ownership. I should clean it more often. I scrapped off whatever I could before I put the baffle into a ultalrasonic cleaner with water and simple green. The two on the left us before I scrubbed.

View attachment 587131

I just cleaned my exact same suppressor two weeks ago. I used a heated ultra sonic cleaner with Hoppes #9 in it. Took 5 big bottles of the stuff but WOW 45 min and they were new looking.

I have taken to tumbling my STEEL baffles in a rotary tumbler with stainless pins, water, and simple green cleaner.

Couple of hours usually has them looking like new.

I have taken to tumbling my STEEL baffles in a rotary tumbler with stainless pins, water, and simple green cleaner.

Couple of hours usually has them looking like new.

Planning to try this for my 9mm next time its turn is up for maintenance. I will then just plan on using that as the time do "clean" the pins and drum with an industrial cleaner afterword. I do my brass cleaning in there and after a few months decent gunk builds up and they don't clean like they do new.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top