JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have scheduled a class on silencer building Saturday November 19, 2011 from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm at the Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club.

Cost is $20. There is an additional $15 fee for each person to use the range if they are not a KRRC member. The classroom can accommodate up to 20 students, but I prefer to have no more than ten as a large group can have a hard time seeing lathe operation when crowded around it.

The class will cover the following topics;

Applying for a tax stamp.
Avoiding legal trouble when possessing or using a silencer.
Basic silencer design.
How to make parts.
Repairs.

I will bring a few suppressed firearms to the range to use after the class.
The class earlier this year in September lasted about 5 hours. It gets dark before 6pm in December, but the rifle line has lights and we can shoot until 10pm.

There are few caveats to mention. The KRRC is being sued by Kitsap County. I feel that we will prevail, but there is a chance that shooting hours could be curtailed and other restrictions might be imposed if we lose, or the club may be shut down all together.

I will cover the basics on making silencer parts on a lathe and filling out the tax stamp application. I welcome any experienced machine tool operators that may have something useful to contribute to the class. Of the $20 per student that I charge, the KRRC gets half for letting me use their classroom. I am not making much money from this class. You can pay in advance via PayPal (send as a gift) or at the class in cash.

Randy
[email protected]
360 440-5889

So far I only got one person who said he would attend the class, and he canceled yesterday. I need at least 5 people to show or I will have to reschedule it.

Ranb

The class went well enough. I tried to rush through the classroom part so that we could get out to the lathe right away. I was able to make a step cone baffle and a K baffle as well as describe how to prep the tube, make spacers and cut threads.

On the down side it was rather cold and the sun was setting by the time we got down to the firing line. If I have another class, it will be in the spring when it is warmer and the days are longer.

I am looking for feedback from the attendees so that I can improve any future classes. I especially need to know if there was anything that I missed or that you did not like.

Ranb

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads