JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like to use my .308 suppressor on some of my other guns and was wondering if anyone can help me find a clamp on barrel adapter that will provide threads without actually threading the barrel. Does such a thing even exist? What I am picturing is either a collet or a split collar that provides the 5/8"-24 threads needed for mounting.

Two guns in question are a 10/22 standard barrel and the other is a bull barrel that measures 0.810" OD.

Ideas?

DON'T do that.

Clamp on is a horrible idea considering the tolerances that are needed. There is a reason such things do not exist. Even if you find someone to build you one are you really willing to risk the $1000 + tax + wait you spend on your silencer? If you damage the outside to the point it is not repairable NFA has ruled that the maker's can no longer replace and re-stamp the tube so you would be out all that time and cost.

Second issue is that you really really dont want to use any silencer other then a take apart model on a .22 because they are horribly dirty and need to be cleaned.

DON'T do that.

Clamp on is a horrible idea considering the tolerances that are needed. There is a reason such things do not exist. Even if you find someone to build you one are you really willing to risk the $1000 + tax + wait you spend on your silencer? If you damage the outside to the point it is not repairable NFA has ruled that the maker's can no longer replace and re-stamp the tube so you would be out all that time and cost.

Second issue is that you really really dont want to use any silencer other then a take apart model on a .22 because they are horribly dirty and need to be cleaned.

What he said. :s0155:

Again if you want to risk your $$$ by all means find a smith to make you one. Odds are the cost will be close as threading and still have all the risk. Again there is a reason you dont see that kind of mount. How many thousand's of an inch being out of square will it take for a bullet to cause a strike at the end of a ~8" long tube? I know this is an equation that can be figured out with all the right numbers but the answer is VERY small.

You can get almost any kind of thread/mount adapter you like though.

Pulling the barrel isn't very hard for the 10 22 and can't imagine it being that difficult on any 17 gun.
And if you don't think you can,the 'smith can do it pretty easily

I'm not seeing any good reason to not thread the barrels. He'll make you a protector,too

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top