Silenced Shotgun!

Certaindeaf

Reactions
I noticed that ad just above by Silencer Co (or something). Anyway, great joy. I was just wondering though, who here would not "rack" with great vengeance and glee that pump gun.. thereby nullifying the "silent" deal? come on

Reactions
While that is an amazing noise reduction it is still a looong way from "silent." Not much problem for an opponent to locate the sounds of you fireing. Nice toy though. Man, those vids were beautifully shot!

BTW, shooting clays with a combat shotgun, what a gas! Back in the olden times we used to stand in the bed of a PU, holding the roll bar, and roar up to known ground squirrel concentrations and open up on them with riot guns. It was a massacre! Hard too! Only rules were don't encroach on your buddy's field of fire, don't shoot the driver and empty chamber until the truck stopped completely. Ah youth!

Last edited:
Reactions
I spoke with a SilencerCo rep recently. 140 DB, so still pretty loud - a lot louder than racking the gun. Around $850 or so IIRC, supposed to be just as reliable as their other silencers. Several of my friends are very happy with their products.

OP
Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf

Reactions
Yea, that's all great and I understand about physics and stuff.. I just had to lol visualizing your standard tard racking his gat loud and proud before goin all silent because that's what'll brown the shorts!. feh nevemind

Reactions
Yea, that's all great and I understand about physics and stuff.. I just had to lol visualizing your standard tard racking his gat loud and proud before goin all silent because that's what'll brown the shorts!. feh nevemind
I can imagine the average mall ninja racking loud and proud and then going into stealth mode. It really does defeat the purpose of silence with the average "bad a%$".

etrain16

Reactions
I don't know, if I had to fire one inside for self-defense and didn't have a chance to get some ears on first, that noise reduction might be a real welcome benefit - even at 140db.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Best true Gun shop ive been in for some time
    Cool stuff in stock rather than the top 10 at corporate box stores They moved to a larger place I have to go back and spend more money. I like to...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
Top Bottom