JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Will the real Silence Is Violence stand up. This term has been making the rounds among BLM protesters lately, in regards to those who do not actively voice support for BLM's campaign against black people being killed by police.

Anybody with impartial common sense will understand the bigger tragedy is the black people being killed by other black people. This tragedy continues on to effect all people through efforts to regulate firearms.

How can we (all races) make this the leading story and find solutions to it?

This guy has a pretty good understanding of the problem and hints at a market based solution to raise awareness on the issue.

Yes but, sadly the "black community" is doing this to themselves. Just like gun owners who sit on their hands and watch their rights slip away, the minority "community" is watching their people wiped out and supporting it. They scream for "get rid of Cops", then when people who live in their neighborhood shoot them they scream for the Cops to protect them? Cops show up to try to arrest the shooter the people run out and throw things at the Cops. They get the government they deserve.
Meanwhile a VERY select few who scream everything is repression become OVER THE TOP wealthy, while they tell everyone else they are victims and can not do anything for themselves with out the VERY wealthy to take care of them. Amazing to watch.

Yes but, sadly the "black community" is doing this to themselves. Just like gun owners who sit on their hands and watch their rights slip away, the minority "community" is watching their people wiped out and supporting it. They scream for "get rid of Cops", then when people who live in their neighborhood shoot them they scream for the Cops to protect them? Cops show up to try to arrest the shooter the people run out and throw things at the Cops. They get the government they deserve.
Meanwhile a VERY select few who scream everything is repression become OVER THE TOP wealthy, while they tell everyone else they are victims and can not do anything for themselves with out the VERY wealthy to take care of them. Amazing to watch.
I realize that dynamic is happening inside the black communities, but why can't outsiders (including other races) promote/adopt the issue? We have power as consumers of media and products to call out those companies who ignore the black on black murder problem, or sponsor those who promote/glorify the black on black murders.

Here is one news segment from a Minnesota station the should be duplicated everywhere black on black murder is a big problem.

The people who are becoming victims often choose to continue being victims. People who live in poor parts of cities like Chitown are not blind. They clearly see the criminals who prey on them. Yet a LOT of them will stand there and protect the criminals when the Cops show up.So again, they get exactly what they deserve. Many of them are like people who have TDS. They supported the people who won. They watch what the people who they voted for are doing. So now they tell you it's Trumps fault. People like that can not be "reached" because they will not allow anyone to "reach" them. So they get to live what they deserve. Sadly a lot of us just get to be collateral damage. :s0092:

I realize that dynamic is happening inside the black communities, but why can't outsiders (including other races) promote/adopt the issue?
You know why.
There's a narrative and straying from it gets you shouted-down and labeled as a racist.
Why should everybody else carry this torch (to their own detriment) when those steeped in it refuse to do so?

When l hear someone start a sentence with, "What white people (or straight, or male, or gun owners, etc) need to know (or do, or think about, understand, etc) is... ", my first reaction is, "No... l really DON'T need to do that. YOU need to do that. It's your fight, you fight it". It's not up to my lily-white azz to bring this forward

I'm not willing to get bloodied in this exchange, and l mean that literally and figuratively. I'm a firm believer in civil rights and equality, but that's not where this story leads or ends.

If the narrative changes, if the race-hustlers and charlatans lose their audiences in favor of a fact-based narrative... I'll reconsider at that point.

I have long said that this is the real issue. Black on black murder and homicide.
The statistics are terrifying.

It will only end when they take responsibility, stop the thug life crap, participate in society in a positive manner, and ask for a hand up instead of a hand out.

Not my fault , comes to mind here.
I am only responsible for what I say and do....not what others say or do.

With that in said...
Should one speak out against a wrong or injustice...sure
Just don't tell me that I have to or that the actions taken by someone else , are somehow blamable on me.
Andy

In its wildest dreams the Klan could never have killed as many Black people as are killed by other Black people today. Of course, to point this out be ray-ciss an' chit since it doesn't fit the agenda. It is not an unintended consequence, but baked into the pie by the Progressive social engineers. 50 years of Applied Leftist Social Engineering managed to accomplish what 400 years of outright racist oppression could not - the weakening and destruction of the Black family structure.
People (and other creatures) learn how to be People (or elephants, or lions, or primates) in the milieu of the family/group/tribe social structure. Young men learn about being a Man from their dads. Deconstruct the family and - voila! - you have a generation (or more) of Young males with no guidance as to social norms and hence much reduced perception of right and wrong.
If I intended to do as much harm to African Americans as possible I doubt that I could come with anything as effective as the Progressive political agenda.

In its wildest dreams the Klan could never have killed as many Black people as are killed by other Black people today. Of course, to point this out be ray-ciss an' chit since it doesn't fit the agenda. It is not an unintended consequence, but baked into the pie by the Progressive social engineers. 50 years of Applied Leftist Social Engineering managed to accomplish what 400 years of outright racist oppression could not - the weakening and destruction of the Black family structure.
People (and other creatures) learn how to be People (or elephants, or lions, or primates) in the milieu of the family/group/tribe social structure. Young men learn about being a Man from their dads. Deconstruct the family and - voila! - you have a generation (or more) of Young males with no guidance as to social norms and hence much reduced perception of right and wrong.
If I intended to do as much harm to African Americans as possible I doubt that I could come with anything as effective as the Progressive political agenda.
Its not necessarily just the Progressive political agenda. Just look at Sub-Saharan Africa, and centuries of tribal violence.

According to FBI data, the number 1 cause of death for black males aged 14-34 is homicide at the hands of other black males.

Cogitate on that for a moment, then tell me that BLM isn't a farce.

P

Wow. We will have schools, roads, bridges, monuments named after George Floyd, yet little Jaslyn will be forgotten by next weekend. What a complete travesty.
Oh, and "The exact circumstances leading up to the shooting remain unclear." In the words of a frequent forum member, "rriiigghht...."

At some point you have to admire the diabolical nature of the Democratic party.

I mean, Dems are truly a level of evil that Dr. Evil himself would admire. Sometimes when your enemy is *THAT* good at being bad, you have to grudgingly tip your cap to them.

To be so sore at losing control over an entire ethnic group, and inflicting scourges of subhuman garbage (the Klan) upon them, and then continuing legislative priorities that negatively impact the black communities (Crow, drug laws of the 70's, crime bill of the 90's, etc.) and somehow - SOMEHOW - getting the same people they're sticking it to to not only thank them for it, but VOTE them repeatedly into roles of power.

That, folks, is PhD level gaslighting.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads