JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why is it I have to create a new password every time I come to this forum?

Target shooting in Tahuya State Forest upsets nearby residents; DNR struggles to relocate site
knkx said:
UPDATE, Dec. 18: Sarah Dettmer, recreation communications manager with the state Department of Natural Resources, said in an email Tuesday that DNR staff met with members of the community this week and decided to temporarily close the Shoofly Pit. The closure is effective Feb. 1.

"We are assembling a work group that includes area residents and target shooters to aid us in finding and developing an alternative shooting area," Dettmer said.
Forgive me if I'm a little skeptical about the "temporary" part. I'm definitely encouraged by the news that DNR is working with residents and shooters to find a replacement, but if they've already been looking for two years and haven't found anything, where is left to look?

Also I've had sign-in issues like that elsewhere when I've restricted cookies or scripting for a site or been in an Incognito session. Probably not it but something to check any way.

Too bad everyone is having trouble with this. I think all sides are going to have to give and accept a little.

Don't know if I can help , but, I'm going to Olympia next month to meet with Brock and a few others at DNR headquarters . They invited me to a sit down meeting to discuss the Trash No Land model and look for options in their state wide program.

Not sure what the outcome will be. Certainly, I'll be looking for opportunities to make shooting acceptable to all, (well, most?). :)

Thanks for posting this trikerdon.

Don't know if I can help , but, I'm going to Olympia next month to meet with Brock and a few others at DNR headquarters . They invited me to a sit down meeting to discuss the Trash No Land model and look for options in their state wide program.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: You're a good man, Cogs!

We've been losing so many accessible shooting areas in recent years, and I applaud your efforts at not only educating shooters on responsible recreational shooting on public lands, but also building important bridges with the authorities that manage those lands. I wish I had more time and resources to help. We should all support Trash No Land, whether we shoot on public land or not!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top