JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
WA Concealed Carry Turnaround: Nearly 5,000 CPLs Added in May

After steadily losing ground for more than a year due to COVID-19 shutdowns of basic counter services by law enforcement agencies, Washington state sheriffs' and police departments are evidently back in the concealed pistol license groove, reversing the decline and adding nearly 5,000 active CPLs during the month of May.

I was one of those since I let mine expire like a dumby during covid.

Had a hell of time getting an appointment to apply and was pretty annoyed that it took 44 days from application to approval, plus a few days for it to be mailed out.

I guess the law doesn't apply to the government. Last time I checked, the RCW stated that the permit must either be approved or denied within 30 days.

Clark county is still dragging its feet. I got my non resident renewal in as early as possible and they took longer than 60 days to get it to me.

WA Concealed Carry Turnaround: Nearly 5,000 CPLs Added in May

After steadily losing ground for more than a year due to COVID-19 shutdowns of basic counter services by law enforcement agencies, Washington state sheriffs' and police departments are evidently back in the concealed pistol license groove, reversing the decline and adding nearly 5,000 active CPLs during the month of May.

Dave...will SAF be getting into this WSP NICS data snafu? Do you think it can be resolved without legal action?

In Pierce County, I applied for my renewal on 7/21 and it still has not even been assigned to a processor. I've sent numerous emails and have also spoken with someone at the front desk of South Sound 911 on the telephone twice. Long story short, they've been unable to provide ANY answers or ETA. It's pretty pathetic that they are blatantly ignoring RCW 9.41.070. Not only are they way past the 30 day period, they are also in non-compliance with another subsection that states permit holders may apply for a renewal as early as 90 days before the expiration of their current license. However, South Sound 911 refuses to accept any applications that are more than 30 days from the expiration of the license. Apparently the RCWs only apply to citizens and not the government or any organization tied to it.

Update on my previous message: "Permitium" acknowledged receipt of my fee and documents on 16 July '21. I still haven't heard from anyone. I left another message on Southsound 911's phone today, and emailed them last week. No response from them. I really don't know what we can do about it.
Jake35

Update on my previous message: "Permitium" acknowledged receipt of my fee and documents on 16 July '21. I still haven't heard from anyone. I left another message on Southsound 911's phone today, and emailed them last week. No response from them. I really don't know what we can do about it.
Jake35
I wonder if there's potential for class-action legal action if enough of us are experiencing the same thing...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top