JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not only are they a good investment, they're easy to liquidate as well! As easy if not easier to sell than comics, coins or anything else one might collect. perhaps stocks and bonds are traded & sold easily enough but they're cold comfort when something goes 'bump' in the night.

My wife is very understanding of my illness. I explained long ago it was like magic: I take this paper (cash) and turn it into walnut and steel. If need be, 'poof!' it's back into paper (and if done well more paper than you started with).

Wow I guess I got one of the good ones! My wife used to not understand my gun addiction and was of the why do you need more than one mentallity. I started inviting her to go shooting with me and eventually she did, and then when she started shooting at things and not hitting them and asking why, I'd hand her a different gun and say here try it with this one. She'd hit it and realised not all guns are capable of doing the same things. Now it's gotten to the point where last time we went shooting we came home and she asked me if she could get a side by side!

Mine use to hate guns...but after going shooting with me a few times shes liking it more and more and was excited to get her first handgun for xmas this year...Although she still doesnt quite understand the whole "gun a month club" thing, she does have 40+ pairs of shoes so she knows to keep her mouth shut :)

I am the primary bread winner in the house and money has only ever been an issue once. We are still engaged but have been together for 5 years. When we decided to buy our new house I told her that she could just pay $600 a month and she also buys the groceries. I pay the rest of the $1800 mortgage and all the utilities including her cell bill as well as the majority of home purchases. Back in November I finally decided it was time to get a new tv.

I told her that I wanted to get one and she got all huffy and said, "We don't need a new tv and the kitchen isn't done yet."

I told her that I was tired of not being able to finish the living room because we had that huge rear projection tv taking up half the room. She said that she would rather have the kitchen done and what about the stove and the counter tops (the last two pieces of the kitchen project).

I asked her,"Does the stove still work?"
She said,"No."
I asked her,"Can we still put stuff on the counter?"
She said,"Yes"
Then I said,"Then we don't need those things either, and it's not like you are paying for it anyway."

She apologized and end of discussion, she helped me hang the 60" LCD on the wall after Thanksgiving. She is the greatest girl I could of asked for. She supports me in everything I do and is an amazing friend, but if I pay the the bulk of the mortgage and all the bills and we are living comfortably then the left over money from my paychecks is mine to decide what to do with. My first responsibility is to us but I am going to get my toys when I can.. and I have never told her not to buy something she has wanted.

Well your not married yet and if all your bills are paid and you have enough play money go buy what you want and if she gives you any static go find a new fiancee.
I dont have this problem with my wife and never have but I have wasted a lot of money on scrap booking stuff, rubber stamping stuff, Longenburger baskets, candles, home interior crap and the list goes on...... Just inform her at least you can always sell a firearm to cover an emergency bill if need be but you will have a hard time selling used shoes and purses. Just a word of advice though, always have at least a couple grand in the check book or safe for those emergencies, You don't want to touch your savings account or sell a gun.

Same here, but even though we have an allowance she paid for the hobby stuff out of the community checking account. We've literally got closets and boxes full of hobby stuff that she hasn't even looked at for over 5 years now. I REALLY need to just start taking it to Paws N Claws as a donation!

A couple years ago she just had to have a 31 qt cooker for potlucks, it's still in the box in the garage. She just had to have a vacuum sealer to keep foods, I'm the only one that uses it. Late last year she had to have a new breadmaker (we gave the "old" one away a few years ago), the new one is still in the box in the front room. We have lots of food in the garage, I don't mind that till you pick up a can and find the expiration date was in '98!! (Yes, I've done that!!)

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 9 until the forum is updated
plus not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

Mine use to hate guns...but after going shooting with me a few times shes liking it more and more and was excited to get her first handgun for xmas this year...Although she still doesnt quite understand the whole "gun a month club" thing, she does have 40+ pairs of shoes so she knows to keep her mouth shut :)

I got both my wife and step daughter to go to a woman's NRA shooting class. They had a GREAT time and I thought my wife would take to guns at least a little bit. Then her daughter died in Aug of '08. Now when I suggest going shooting my wife refuses saying "It wouldn't be the same without Dana". I've even suggested taking the same class over and get the same answer. Just can't win. Sometimes I'll say something about taking the grandkids shooting and she says "over my dead body", then other times I suggest getting them an air soft type pistol and she agrees to it. She just can't seem to go one way or the other!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top