Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Signed up in Salem

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BillinSalem, Nov 25, 2015.

1. BillinSalem

BillinSalem New Member

Heard about this forum from a couple of friends, and figured I ought to get with it and join.
    My interests are all over the map, from flintlocks to ARs. Probably enjoy firearms of the Victorian era -- and anything John Browning laid a finger on -- more than most.
    I am a retired newspaper editor. My people came to Oregon in the 1880s.

tac and Caveman Jim like this.
  2. fxdc

fxdc Da Valley USPSA, SPEED STEEL, IDPA, 3 GUN

Welcome to the Club!

3. BillinSalem

BillinSalem New Member

Thanks fxdc. Where do you shoot? I have joined Four Corners, but it's pretty restrictive.

4. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

Bill
    If you were a newspaper editor you will have to be checked very carefully again and again.
    Newspapers being what they are you would have likely been better off not mentioning you had anything to do with them.
    I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but like Ronald Reagan it will be based on
    "Trust but Verify!!!"

Sheldon

Slobray and Caveman Jim like this.
  5. BillinSalem

BillinSalem New Member

Sheldon, I was the only Eagle Scout and NRA member in the newsroom. Probably the lone Republican as well.
    ;)

Brutus57, Slobray, tac and 1 other person like this.
  6. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

Well now . . . That's an entirely different story and changes my opinion 180 degrees!!!

Sheldon

7. BillinSalem

BillinSalem New Member

Thanks Sheldon. I was also one of two concealed carry holders. The other was a crime reporter who had been threatened for his stories about a drug dealer.

8. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Welcome Bill!!!
    So you must know how things have been really one sided against us law abiding gun owners in Oregon & Washington.
    Is there any insight that you can give us so we can hopefully get organized enough to make a valid argument for our cause?
    Again WELCOME.;)

9. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

Welcome! I am also in Salem. if you are still not liking 4 corners after your time is up there, check out the ARPC down in Shedd.
    Always great to see some new blood here and don't be afraid to jump into the discussions if you have an opinion.

10. tac

tac UK, Oregon and Ontario. Well-Known Member

Welcome, BillinOregon, mrs tac and I visited Salem earlier this year and spend most of a day with some good friends there - perhaps you know them? ;)

Anyhow, Welcome indeed [I'm been here long enough to be able to say that now].

tac

11. BillinSalem

BillinSalem New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome gentlemen. And yes, my dear friend Tac is trying to diversify me toward garden railroading as well as guns ...
    ;)

12. tac

tac UK, Oregon and Ontario. Well-Known Member

Darn it, now you've given the game away. I'm supposed to be the occasional looky-inner hereabouts, but now you've made me look like a regular part of the forum landscape. :D

tac

13. fxdc

fxdc Da Valley USPSA, SPEED STEEL, IDPA, 3 GUN

I've joined ARPC and have shot a lot of weekend matches there.

Go to arpc.info and check them out. I have shot at tri tac indoor range it's close but DAMM SMALL I use it when I don't have time to go to arpc.

And just use tri tac to function fire after working on my guns.

Take care.

14. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Glad you made it Bill. Hard to believe there's firearms folks that are computer savvy that aren't aware of NWFA.com. Just so ya' know, posting links to businesses is just fine here. Hot topics are fine as long as you fallow the basic "no personal attack" line. A lot of good info and discussion to be had here!

15. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Happy U found us Welcome Aboard :s0169:

shotsfired likes this.
  16. shotsfired

shotsfired Ridgefield Active Member

Welcome Aboard:D