JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't hunt.
I don't fish.

But I signed it to stop another "step" in the wrong direction.

How much lead do hunters/fisherpersons "really" leave in the woods/streams?

Probably less "pollution" than Gov. K (and his girlfriend, who evidently works for him....) cause driving to work every day.:(

And no, I don't drive a Prius.:D

I would EXPECT EVERYONE on this forum to sign this petition.:s0144::s0138:

How about posting this in other forums?....................JOE?
:s0094:
There is NO EXCUSE people. It doesn't get easier than this and we all know this ain't about the freaking Condors or whatever. It's about Stepping on our gun rights from all angles until shooting is such a legal and costly PITA that only the wealthy will be able to exercise what's left of our 2nd Amendment right.

This morning, I received a response to my letter(s) sent as a result of signing up for this. Now, I already send my own letters to my representatives on a state and national level, but I like getting behind group messages as well. I did change my response through the website to my own personal wording, as I find that's perhaps more likely to get noticed than 1,000 of the exact same message.

Here is the response I received from State Representative Brent Barton:

Thank you for your email regarding the use of lead in firearm ammunition. This has been a topic of heated debate in the past, and I appreciate your input. At present, I'm unaware of any bills that would ban the use lead in bullets, but if that changes I will certainly take your feedback into consideration before I take any votes on it.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns. If my office can assist you in the future, please feel free to contact me at(503) 986-1440 or at [email protected].

Sincerely,

Brent Barton
State Representative
House District 40

Did he write this himself? Probably not, likely just a staffer that developed a 'canned' response to those of us that have written on this subject. And I'm not surprised, they only have so much time, they can't individually respond to everyone. But, the fact that they did respond shows me at the very least, they took note. I don't know Barton's position on these matters, but considering he reps part of Clackamas County, I would hope he takes all the outdoorsmen and women, the hunters, the recreational shooters, into account before voting on any proposed lead ban.

I responded back and thanked him for his response, then added that my letter wasn't aimed at any particular legislation at the moment, but wanted to go on record before the next round is proposed.

Still waiting for the Governor to respond back to me. I'll give him some time to finish choking on the answers he gave in his press conference last week :oops:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top