JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am not pointing any fingers at anyone here, but if we give up sell our equipment then we might as well sell off all our guns and cash out there too.

One has to be actively involved, I for one have seen the waste of the tribes. Unfortunately they are the only ones with guberment approval to increase the fishery right now other than guberment itself.

Since I moved to the Chehalis basin in Grays Harbor in 1995, I have attended MANY meetings and have talked to biologists in region 6. I have done my share of bubblegumin & complaining to the WDFW with no compromise in sight. They will do what they want no matter the amount of public input we give them, they have already made uo their minds B-4 the meetings!!!

Since I moved to the Chehalis basin in Grays Harbor in 1995, I have attended MANY meetings and have talked to biologists in region 6. I have done my share of bubblegumin & complaining to the WDFW with no compromise in sight. They will do what they want no matter the amount of public input we give them, they have already made uo their minds B-4 the meetings!!!

I thank you for doing that, this is where I have started and will continue no matter the outcome. I had a friend whom the world lost a while back, he taught me not ever to give in, period. He fought like hell, no matter what.

I had the pleasure of getting him out fishing and helping him get fish he was 93. It was everything I could do to show him his efforts were appreciated, no matter how the state fishery managers responded. I could not believe the joy in that man those days. I go out and catch em now for him and do what he taught me.

Last Edited:
I think mainly this is the response for the Native Fish Society and their lawsuits wishing to close the hatchery programs which have kept the population intact despite commercial over-harvesting and various other detrimental factors.

Mankind would have eaten the last fish long ago without hatcheries. Looked what happened to Elk.

When hatcheries were prolific, we had strong fish runs and trout in ALL the rivers, and the limit on trout was ten. Now you can't even keep a damned trout on most streams. The Native vs Hatchery fish is a myth. Hatchery fish come from native fish. Just another people control crock of crap. They infiltrated the Fish and Game about the time the destroyed the timber industry.

And now this,, today there was a trackhoe sitting in the middle of the Salmon river building a new fish wier to STOP ALL upstream migration of Chinook that are fin clipped. This has gone on long enough, the Native vs Hatchery fish has just hit a new low down here on the coast and I intend to do all that I can legally do to stop this.

The intent (according to them) is to only allow "wild" non clipped fish upstream of the hatchery, and that only represents approx. 6% of the run. So there goes any revenues for the local tackle shops upstream and a big flush down the drain of My, Your, OUR tax dollars that went to fund the raising of these smolt.

The hatchery fish will be destroyed and any opportunity to catch them will be gone for the upper 9 miles of river that lays between the hatchery and the deadline upstream, the hatchery is at the upper edge of tidewater, so this represents most of the attainable public access fishing chances.

I find this to be a deplorable waist of our tax dollars and I intend to fight back in any way "legally" possible.

Starting Monday morning There will be calls placed to elected officials that represent this area, and to news crews that just love a jucy story about fish being clubbed,, thats the key word to use folks, CLUBBED.

All of this in the name of an unproven science and theory, decissions made by those that feel they know best on how our resources should be managed and our funds spent.

Any calls and remarks to your, our, my elected folks by you good people would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

And now this,, today there was a trackhoe sitting in the middle of the Salmon river building a new fish wier to STOP ALL upstream migration of Chinook that are fin clipped. This has gone on long enough, the Native vs Hatchery fish has just hit a new low down here on the coast and I intend to do all that I can legally do to stop this.

The intent (according to them) is to only allow "wild" non clipped fish upstream of the hatchery, and that only represents approx. 6% of the run. So there goes any revenues for the local tackle shops upstream and a big flush down the drain of My, Your, OUR tax dollars that went to fund the raising of these smolt.

The hatchery fish will be destroyed and any opportunity to catch them will be gone for the upper 9 miles of river that lays between the hatchery and the deadline upstream, the hatchery is at the upper edge of tidewater, so this represents most of the attainable public access fishing chances.

I find this to be a deplorable waist of our tax dollars and I intend to fight back in any way "legally" possible.

Starting Monday morning There will be calls placed to elected officials that represent this area, and to news crews that just love a jucy story about fish being clubbed,, thats the key word to use folks, CLUBBED.

All of this in the name of an unproven science and theory, decissions made by those that feel they know best on how our resources should be managed and our funds spent.

Any calls and remarks to your, our, my elected folks by you good people would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

It had NOTHING to do with fish and Is being done to CONTROL people, not fish.
As long as environmental wizzlepizzers are in the ODFW, the WDFW, and in any fish and game positions, the fish and game will slowly cease to exist. It is 101% control and not one reason otherwise that is truthful.
They began this crap in 1968 in full bloom.
What really gets to me is that so many people believe their total full out lies and deceptions. The entire native vs hatchery fish issue is BS and has been. The difference between hatchery fish and wild fish is a clipped fin and how long they are kept in a hatchery before being released.
There is not one damned difference beyond that. Genetically they are 100% identical.
Release the hatchery fish sooner and in bigger numbers and in the end no one will ever be able to tell the difference when they return.
One of the biggest scams ever pulled on sportsmen and the general public.
And they have the audacity to proclaim outrage when someone calls them on it.
Just BS after BS after more BS. and You pay through the nose with more fees and tags and usage fees and just open robbery for it with fewer fish to be caught every year.

Last Edited:
Problem is there has been too much inbreeding, science types will factually state "strays do go into different river systems."

Now they want to keep all hatchery fish, well hatchery fish. Look at the sizes and different faces on those chinook these days. Pretty much the same. I can remember just a short time ago this was not so much the case. It is even stated in Hatchery Policy, the true Wild Fish are not bred back into stock. We used to do this at the hatcheries and look at the 2001 returns.

We just caught some fish over a 3 day trip out at the coast somewhere. The true wild ones I saw had enormous adipose fins. ( Much Bigger than my thumb!) 16 lb coho too, and oh yeas we were allowed by law.

People in general need to speak up about hatchery reform. I am all for making the strains stronger by returning to the way that produced the best in the past. These new policies are written to destroy our ecosystem which the public has both fought and spent tremendously to restore.

Habitat is of supreme necessity, we cant log like we used to anyway so why not return the fishery to the general public, not commercial interests. That too is a complicated issue. Modern Sport Commercial interests.

You see it Taku, nothing but the truth. It took me 10 or more years to witness and decipher what is already known.

More of that corporate programming b.s. most likely. Or state corporate scripting, common core philosophy.

That Hood River study is nothing but crap. I have been to a place up there that tells me its the pollution coming off an abandoned site making both mortality, breeding and living difficult.

Oil oozing up from the ground, plain as day to see.

So I have a question for all of you. How come not one of you has spoken of the terrible injustice bestowed on the Salmon and Steelhead? It is called the endangered species list. When we have something on that list the Feds tie all state and local hands in trying to do anything to improve the runs.
Also the rivers and streams that have been labeled natural and scenic across the country. I know the Salmon river on Mt.Hood was put on it 16 or so years ago and it is an all but dead river now.
I wish we could go back 20 years and change everything as the river I grew up fishing doesn't even have trout to catch that are worth fishing for and my son won't be able to enjoy it the way I did.:(

Things like the ES listing and attempting to get back to Native fish only will and are dooming the fish we have to extinction and NO ONE WILL EVENTUALLY BE ALLOWED TO CATCH A DAMNED THING.
It is and has been headed that way in more boil the frog techniques, for the past 40 years now.
Ignore it and you might as well sell your rods and reels. Pure fact !!!!
First thing to do is make the ODFW Biologist activists an endangered species and I am serious.
Clean house or lose it all.

Problem is there has been too much inbreeding, among the science types .

That should read among science types. These Social Marxists do not even realize what they are for the most part. They have lived the script since the late 60's and have wreaked so much harm they believe it is just all natural.
If left where they are and not strongly opposed, they will devour and fully control all hunting, fishing and take populations to a near non existent level to serve their own agendas.

Last Edited:
So I have a question for all of you. How come not one of you has spoken of the terrible injustice bestowed on the Salmon and Steelhead? It is called the endangered species list. When we have something on that list the Feds tie all state and local hands in trying to do anything to improve the runs.
Also the rivers and streams that have been labeled natural and scenic across the country. I know the Salmon river on Mt.Hood was put on it 16 or so years ago and it is an all but dead river now.
I wish we could go back 20 years and change everything as the river I grew up fishing doesn't even have trout to catch that are worth fishing for and my son won't be able to enjoy it the way I did.:(

Hey Bronc,

We have to stay involved, NFS has tried to close the Sandy River Cedar Creek Hatchery...In the early 60's (or there close to), one could not fish the Sandy for Springers, Then came the Mitchell act, and that hatchery.

I knew people that were 94 years, before he passed, that told me about the Sandy being closed to fishing prior to that hatchery being put in place. He grew up in Springdale if you know where that is.

The thing I liked about the video the most is they have proven by new techniques to get rid of medications, and such to make strong smolt releases. It is a process called oxygenation in the water that nearly gets rid of the need to medicate smolts.

The other thing is the NFS is using in their lawsuits is what is called the Hood River study, the video shows how false that is. Yet we let them cut down smolt releases from the hatchery.

We definately have to stay on our Guberment if we want a fishery in the future. New York or somewhere on the Atlantic, It has gone the Wild and Scenic route. They have a run below 600 fish and guess what you can go take a shot at it with a CAMERA!

Any one here know the story of Meldrum's Bar? We just recently almost got another fee park, launch had some local people not spoke up at the Gladstone City town hall meetings.

Also when you give power to recover the specie from the Federal Gov. to State Gov. you will see something interesting happen.

The move allows the state to manage the resource for the most financial gain, instead of complete recovery. Check the laws and statements by our Guberment. You will find I speak the truth.

Things like the ES listing and attempting to get back to Native fish only will and are dooming the fish we have to extinction and NO ONE WILL EVENTUALLY BE ALLOWED TO CATCH A DAMNED THING.
It is and has been headed that way in more boil the frog techniques, for the past 40 years now.
Ignore it and you might as well sell your rods and reels. Pure fact !!!!
First thing to do is make the ODFW Biologist activists an endangered species and I am serious.
Clean house or lose it all.

It that commen core crap they are taught to believe at a young age.

Hey Bronc,

We have to stay involved, NFS has tried to close the Sandy River Cedar Creek Hatchery...In the early 60's (or there close to), one could not fish the Sandy for Springers, Then came the Mitchell act, and that hatchery.

I knew people that were 94 years, before he passed, that told me about the Sandy being closed to fishing prior to that hatchery being put in place. He grew up in Springdale if you know where that is.

The thing I liked about the video the most is they have proven by new techniques to get rid of medications, and such to make strong smolt releases. It is a process called oxygenation in the water that nearly gets rid of the need to medicate smolts.

The other thing is the NFS is using in their lawsuits is what is called the Hood River study, the video shows how false that is. Yet we let them cut down smolt releases from the hatchery.

We definately have to stay on our Guberment if we want a fishery in the future. New York or somewhere on the Atlantic, It has gone the Wild and Scenic route. They have a run below 600 fish and guess what you can go take a shot at it with a CAMERA!

Any one here know the story of Meldrum's Bar? We just recently almost got another fee park, launch had some local people not spoke up at the Gladstone City town hall meetings.

Also when you give power to recover the specie from the Federal Gov. to State Gov. you will see something interesting happen.

The move allows the state to manage the resource for the most financial gain, instead of complete recovery. Check the laws and statements by our Guberment. You will find I speak the truth.

I didn't hear about that one, what a crock. More thieving taxers. Crooks all of them. That is and has been a free park, ramp and fishing spot for as far back as I can remember, and that is many many decades.
That is the californication suppository they are pushing up here.

I didn't hear about that one, what a crock. More thieving taxers. Crooks all of them. That is and has been a free park, ramp and fishing spot for as far back as I can remember, and that is many many decades.
That is the californication suppository they are pushing up here.

A man with the name Bill told me about the Meldrum's Deal. They were going to put a fee on the park there and a number of people spoke up and informed City Hall that it was in the Contract, Or Title Transfer from the Meldrum Family that would donate the land for the people to use contingent that they never charge a fee.

Some how the city could not locate the documents at first. WE THE PEOPLE WON, so far. Older locals who knew the Meldrum Family and the deal originally struck and spoke up and out.

That is why we should never become complacent. They have been able to manage with maintenance without a fee. Its still open to the public because the TRUTH PREVAILS AGAINST THE TYRANTS.

Heck I do not even believe them city counselors and such even where aware of their actions, their tyranny. It how they are trained in schools and colleges now.

A man with the name Bill told me about the Meldrum's Deal. They were going to put a fee on the park there and a number of people spoke up and informed City Hall that it was in the Contract, Or Title Transfer from the Meldrum Family that would donate the land for the people to use contingent that they never charge a fee.

Some how the city could not locate the documents at first. WE THE PEOPLE WON, so far. Older locals who knew the Meldrum Family and the deal originally struck and spoke up and out.

That is why we should never become complacent. They have been able to manage with maintenance without a fee. Its still open to the public because the TRUTH PREVAILS AGAINST THE TYRANTS.

Heck I do not even believe them city counselors and such even where aware of their actions, their tyranny. It how they are trained in schools and colleges now.

The slow meticulous brainwashing has gone on for far too long. People need to be told over and over what the system has and is doing to their kids and even to themselves if they are young.
They give up the country without even realizing what they do.

Just the thousands of places we had to hunt, fish, and shoot when I grew up has all but disappeared because of greedy, leftist control freaks and environmental psychopaths, ;ie commie, Marxist POS's.
Now it is all pay pay pay or closed gates and
.........Unprintable angry thoughts.......

Broncman, you can thank the jack wagon at the Welches fly shop for that. He petitioned to get the entire river closed to anything but fly fishing, then to have only a wild fishery. You should stop in and tell them your feelings. He started this approx. 25 years ago, then moved to the Clackamas river to make it a fly fishing only all through the upper stretches.
My 4 year old daughter is obsessed with fishing. She pretends to fish off the couch in our living room. Why haven't I taken her trout fishing, like my dad did me at that age? Because it's darned difficult to teach a 4 year old to fly fish. Thanks to all the morons out there who insist on a "pure" experience, kids have a very difficult time learning how to fish in Oregon. Jerks!!!:mad:

My 4 year old daughter is obsessed with fishing. She pretends to fish off the couch in our living room. Why haven't I taken her trout fishing, like my dad did me at that age? Because it's darned difficult to teach a 4 year old to fly fish. Thanks to all the morons out there who insist on a "pure" experience, kids have a very difficult time learning how to fish in Oregon. Jerks!!!:mad:

Lots of ponds and lakes geared toward children, dont get discouraged. Bait is a ok at almost all the lakes in oregon. Esp. At the children only fisheries.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top