JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Times are tough, so many companies are contemplating mergers and acquisitions. Here are a few to keep an eye on:

FAIRCHILD ELECTRONICS and HONEYWELL COMPUTERS.
(The new company will be called Farewell Honeychild)

POLYGRAM RECORDS, WARNER BROTHERS, and KEEBLER.
(The new company will be called Poly-Warner-Cracker)

W.R. GRACE CO., FULLER BRUSH CO, MARY KAY COSMETICS, and HALE BUSINESS SYSTEMS.
(The new company will be called Hale, Mary, Fuller, Grace)

3M and GOODYEAR.
(The new company will be called MMM Good)

JOHN DEERE and ABITIBI-PRICE.
(The new company will be called Deere Abi)

HONEYWELL, IMASCO, and HOME OIL.
(The new company will be called Honey Im Home)

DENISON MINES, ALLIANCE, and METAL MINING.
(The new company will be called Mine All Mine)

KNOTT'S BERRY FARM and THE NATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR WOMEN.
(The new company will be called Knott NOW)

ZIPPO MANUFACTURING, AUDI, DOFASCO, and DAKOTA MINING.
(The new company will be Zip Audi Do-Da)

MOTOROLA and ENRON.
(The new company will be called Moron)

While the joke about eating rabbits is funny, it was true for my dad. He grew up in Topeka, KS during the depression. Many times the only meat they had to eat were the rabbits my dad shot. I have an old black and white photo of him and a buddy standing by the trunk of an old Ford sedan with literally a bushel basket full of rabbits.

Ate Rabbit in Basic training in the Navy in 1980 They served it about every third meal not including breakfast. I like it I hunt both cotton tails and Jacks prefer the cottons fried the Jacks in stew.

You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There's spam-kabobs, spam creole, spam gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple spam, lemon spam, coconut spam, pepper spam, spam soup, spam stew, spam salad, spam and potatoes, spam burger, spam sandwich.

That's about it.

I'm glad I read this thread, I dislike Classic Spam (Spam Classic?) due to the high salt content so I'll be happy to give Spurky and Low Salt a try. The price of pork is going up due to increase in grain prices, I'll try to get some this week.
IIRC Spam came out in WW2? It is popular in many asian cultures, long shelf life, lower cost, goes well with rice. I like it as I can build an "MRE" around it for about $4

Spam's gotta be the most rancid, putrid concoction ever devised by man this side of venetian sausages, but I agree with someone who said "its alot better than eating dirt and rocks". I got a buddy from Guam who loves the stuff. Islanders are crazy about Spam and Tobasco.

You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There's spam-kabobs, spam creole, spam gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple spam, lemon spam, coconut spam, pepper spam, spam soup, spam stew, spam salad, spam and potatoes, spam burger, spam sandwich.

That's about it.

You can boil it?

When my nephew was in Iraq, when it first started he would get his daily but the supply system was slow, he was mens getting only one MRE a day, while in combat. the whole family was sending him food boxes, I sent him a box twice a week, in it was vienna sausage, spam, Mac & Cheese (he cooked this by burn small blocks of (C-4), vitmains baby wipes and such, he said a few guys in his squad did not have family were pretty hungry, we sent him much he was able to help feed his squad, he told me spam on anything was good and he will never forget the overwhelming supprt he got.

A couple of His men actually cried a couple of times when he handed them a can of spam, they knew when he got a package there going to eat good for a few days. He himself said tears came to his eyes at the way the family rallied behind him to where he had two or three packages of food coming in a week.

When you are in a situation like that, all that matters is that it taste decent and full of energy.

When a person is truely hungry anything nutritional tastes good.

Spam is priced cheap for what you get, do not knock if you have been truely hungry.

When my nephew was in Iraq, when it first started he would get his daily but the supply system was slow, he was mens getting only one MRE a day, while in combat. the whole family was sending him food boxes, I sent him a box twice a week, in it was vienna sausage, spam, Mac & Cheese (he cooked this by burn small blocks of (C-4), vitmains baby wipes and such, he said a few guys in his squad did not have family were pretty hungry, we sent him much he was able to help feed his squad, he told me spam on anything was good and he will never forget the overwhelming supprt he got.

A couple of His men actually cried a couple of times when he handed them a can of spam, they knew when he got a package there going to eat good for a few days. He himself said tears came to his eyes at the way the family rallied behind him to where he had two or three packages of food coming in a week.

When you are in a situation like that, all that matters is that it taste decent and full of energy.

When a person is truely hungry anything nutritional tastes good.

Spam is priced cheap for what you get, do not knock if you have been truely hungry.

Good for you. :) I have a friend who's son was in Iraq. Twice a week my friend an I went shopping and bought a big "care" package for him. What they wanted was bars of soap, jerky, Spam, toothpaste and toothbrushes, baby wipes, chocolate candy, and several other things we take for granted.

Good for you. :) I have a friend who's son was in Iraq. Twice a week my friend an I went shopping and bought a big "care" package for him. What they wanted was bars of soap, jerky, Spam, toothpaste and toothbrushes, baby wipes, chocolate candy, and several other things we take for granted.

:s0155::s0155:

These guys and gals, are putting their butts on the line, if we can help little better, where I work we took up a collection of new and good used coats, hats and gloves for children age 8 or less. They went to our troops in Afghanistan to hand out to the kids in villages when on patrol, they said it help a lot to make friends with the villagers.

We also put together a care package every christmas for a soldier and send it to them with lots of the things you stated, along with books, magazines or games and such.

I'm glad I read this thread, I dislike Classic Spam (Spam Classic?) due to the high salt content so I'll be happy to give Spurky and Low Salt a try. The price of pork is going up due to increase in grain prices, I'll try to get some this week.
IIRC Spam came out in WW2? It is popular in many asian cultures, long shelf life, lower cost, goes well with rice. I like it as I can build an "MRE" around it for about $4

A bit before WWII. 1937 for those of you scoring at home.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top