JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I sleep days, work nights
As you stand here, ringing the bell and knocking
Remember two things-
One: I know precisely where you are standing.
Two: This door is not bullet proof.

too much?

I think this is the one my daughter has...

81zasS4r-qL._SX500_.jpg

Put a two-way switch on the doorbell. During the day, pushing the doorbell button would release a dump of 20 gallons of water over the area within reach of the doorbell. :D A second push within 60 seconds releases a cloud of ammonia mist. :eek:

I hope your car is in a garage or you may find it keyed or with flat tires.
I put no signs anywhere on our home or vehicles.
Too many stressed out weirdos just ready to go off on the next person
they get offended by.
And since now they know you work nights...........well...............

I wouldn't have a sign that says when I'm gone.

I just have a "beware of dog" sign, security lights, 3 very prominent cameras as well as security doors.

My thought is that they'll see all that and just move on to easier pickings.

My whole neighborhood was built with pre installed ring doorbell cameras. Not many come around are area that don't live there or actually need to be there. Im fairly certain cameras, even if fake, deter better than any sign could.

A lockable screen door prevents knocking. At least on a wooden door.

While I appreciate the humor, my general position on posting signs is to not post signs that would complicate my legal defense if I did...God forbid...actually have to shoot someone. YMMV.

While I appreciate the humor, my general position on posting signs is to not post signs that would complicate my legal defense if I did...God forbid...actually have to shoot someone. YMMV.
Yes me too. While I find signs like that very funny I would NEVER put one up or suggest someone else actually do so. For just that reason. If you ever have to shoot someone you know lawyers would show up using the photo against you. Sadly the world we live in now.

Maybe a metal plate for a door mat, a "high voltage" warning sign, and a note on the door that reads "grasp doorknob firmly before ringing bell" ?

I would say think in terms of outside-in defence. It's just like in home defence. Too often imo people only focus on what to do if a burglar gets inside their home. I would focus instead on identifying and repelling them before they ever get to your home (via camera alerts and follow up actions etc). Then keeping them from actually breaking in (via hardening, locks, no blind spots, etc). And then on what to do if they get inside your home.

Same thing on signage. Imo having them on your porch/at your door is too close. Why let them get that close? I would (and do) put anti-trespassing/soliciting signs on every approach at the property boundary. In areas like clackamas and multnomah counties they can't prosecute for trespassing if there are no signs, so that is a benefit as well.

So for example someone would have to cross the no trespassing signs, then they would be caught on camera and you can talk to them on the camera intercom via your phone (even if you are not home) if needed at which time you can say they are tresspassing (they have just walked right past your no/tresspassing sign) and tell them to get the ?$&! out or whatever you prefer.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top