JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just received a new SW40VE, and have watched the youtube stuff on the trigger stiffness. After disassembling the piece I'm not sure these youtuber's are on the right track for lightening the trigger tension. Is anyone out there that has some real technical background on the VE to explain what the pigtail spring was meant to do. No real negative comments about removing it, but the Smith boys put it in there for a reason. Seems like the thing to mod is the trigger assy. spring, which I suppose is available in a lighter version. Probably have the wrong nomenclature since I can't seem to find an exploded view of the weapon on the Smith site. Haven't had a chance to shoot yet due to a surgical on the rt. hand. Probably a couple weeks away. Surgical was for a thing called trigger finger, nothing to do with shooting, but screwed up the use of the hand. Couldn't grip correctly.

Just received a new SW40VE, and have watched the youtube stuff on the trigger stiffness. After disassembling the piece I'm not sure these youtuber's are on the right track for lightening the trigger tension. Is anyone out there that has some real technical background on the VE to explain what the pigtail spring was meant to do. No real negative comments about removing it, but the Smith boys put it in there for a reason. Seems like the thing to mod is the trigger assy. spring, which I suppose is available in a lighter version. Probably have the wrong nomenclature since I can't seem to find an exploded view of the weapon on the Smith site. Haven't had a chance to shoot yet due to a surgical on the rt. hand. Probably a couple weeks away. Surgical was for a thing called trigger finger, nothing to do with shooting, but screwed up the use of the hand. Couldn't grip correctly.

So far as I can tell it was added to raise trigger pull, for markets like MASS PD. Can't prove it, but that's my suspicion.
*shrug*
I pulled the piggie spring from mine, and one of the double springs in the sear, and had no issues for a few hundred more rounds. In the end I sold it in a deal for a CZ75, but...
Lightening the striker spring causes some other issues - it can light-strike harder primers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top