JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ok so hey everyone. im new to the site. i live in the tri city. so i bought a s&w sigma .40 and iv been shooting it last couple of days. first two days the gun did great no problems. shot about 150 bullets, but today i went out with some friends shooting and the gun jammed almost ever 4 shoots, sometimes like 3 times in a row. gun has been clean every time. maybe i missed something. i did use differnent bullets this time. so maybe thats y. first two times i used .40 s&w winchester, now i used .40 S&W RWS. 250 Rds. Rws .40 S&W 180 - Gr. Fmj Ammo - 610693, .40 S & W at Sportsman's Guide
any help would be great. thanks.

just try the other ammo and see if it does it. May need to polish the ramp using the RWS, had a similar problem using Gold Dot until I polished the ramp. Also make sure the recoil spring is seated properly.

I would first make sure that your magazine doesn't have any burrs on the top of the magazine which stop the cartridges from popping out.

magazine_1024x768.jpg

And also take the magazine apart and slightly flex the spring (don't pull too hard, you just want to give it a slight flex to make sure it is giving you the full load force.

These two things helped my wife's Kel-Tec PF9 when she had the similar issue. If that doesn't help and polishing the feed ramp doesn't help, then contact Smith & Wesson on their website using the request for warranty repair form and they'll send you a FedEx tag to send it back to them to check out and it won't cost you anything to do so. We just did that with a Sigma 9F that was having some issues, and we weren't even the original owner.

ok so i took a look at the magazine, looks normal to me. i will be trying different bullets next time. what about the link? its to show the bullets that i used when the gun kept jamming. thanks guys.

I would say it is very likely the ammo, since those are flat nosed bullets in your link and i am guessing the winchester you shot was round nosed fmj ammo. Like suggested, maybe polish the feed ramp - and you can also check the inside of the magazine for hangups, clean and maybe polish down any rough spots where the bullets or shells drag up the body. Could also go back to round nosed ammo if the pistol still wont eat the flat nosed ammo.

ok so a quick update.i went to Hole in The Wall in Kennewick. shoot 50 rounds of different bullets that they gave me. agian like 15 of those got jammed. i told the guy working there and then he got some of his bullets and tried. it jammed agian. he siad he dosnt know whats wronge and that i should send it to s&W. I called them and they told me they cant do anything becuase im not the first owner. so i dont know what to do. im going to see if my friend can send it in for me, hes the one who bought it new.

With my wife's Sigma 9F, I didn't call them. I just filled out the Warranty repair form online. And we aren't the original owner and they sent me a tag and then fixed the issues it was having and sent it back and all inside of a two week period.

thanks i forgot to add that i did fill out the warranty repair online last night, but i gave them a call to check. maybe the tag will come in. did u get in in ur mail or email?

It was email. And I didn't talk to them at all, just in case they were going to ask. Sometimes it is better to be silent and see what happens instead of vocal. It submitted it on a Thursday and the email came in Monday morning.

o ok sweet. i was thinking they didnt send me one because im not the first owner but i forgot that it siad something like 2 to 4 days. i would rather have it fixed then get my monye back from my friend. i really liked the gun.

I got the shipping tag. Now how do I ship a gun to smith &wesso? The way they told me didn't make sense. FedEx? Can anyone help.
What I did was to go to the FexEx center (not a contract center but one that is run by FedEx) and I put the pistol (unloaded) in it's original box with the mags since my problem potentially had to do with the mags as well and then I put the pistol box into a small FedEx box while at FedEx and then sealed it. I went to the counter and told them it was a handgun (you legally have to tell them, but they are also legally not supposed to put any markings on it to identify it as such) that I was returning to the manufacturer. I gave them the label I had printed out with the box and they took care of the rest.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top