JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As the title states. Both brands were considered. Of my findings, both are rated top notch.
New for 2016, I ordered the TruGlo TFX Pros (low) to review on my G19.

Just for sake of asking, of the two mentioned, who has tried both that chose the TFX Pros?

Thanks Y'all

I have both .... trijicon on my XD9-sc and the truglo tfx on my M&P Shield. I like them both just fine. The trijicons are more like standard white dots until things get dark and then you can see them all glowy and such, whereas the truglo's are pretty eye catching during the day with the fiber optics, and obviously all glowy in the dark as well.

Just kind of depends on what suits your fancy and wallet, either set is a pretty good option IMHO.

mike

I have both .... trijicon on my XD9-sc and the truglo tfx on my M&P Shield. I like them both just fine. The trijicons are more like standard white dots until things get dark and then you can see them all glowy and such, whereas the truglo's are pretty eye catching during the day with the fiber optics, and obviously all glowy in the dark as well.

Just kind of depends on what suits your fancy and wallet, either set is a pretty good option IMHO.

mike
I have Big Dot sights on a couple. They're, OK. I want to try different sights, but I like to buy wisely. (yeah right!)
Being on the fence which to choose, I flipped a coin and chose the TG TSX Pro set.

Thanks Mike!!

Yeah, I have an xs big dot on my Ruger LCR, which is better than the stock ramp front sight. But I wouldn't want it on my XD or Shield. I like the lower profile of the trijicon and truglo.

I think you chose well.
mike

Both are well made sights but I prefer the Trijicon HD.

As I mentioned in your other thread, focus should be on the front sight not the rear sight and while TXF PRO is way better than those TAS sights they are still more pronounced than I like, rear sights should be subdued.

As I also mentioned I don't really care for fiber optic sights, but I will say TRUGLO does a better job than most.

I prefer the larger U-channel on the HD sight (but I am pleased to the TXF PRO sights use the U-notch which is an improvement over their previous TXF & TFO sights).

In general, I prefer the smaller profile of the Trijicon HDs. The result is the longer sight radius, a larger window to hook the shelf for one handed manipulation and the front sight is closer to the end of the slide/barrel.

I have to admit, I was honestly tempted to buy the TAS sight. The clear area that aided the day illumination killed it for me.

The TFX Pro rear sight should work well.
If need be, I'm sure I can tone the rear sights down a bit.

All the previous sights made by TruGlo were colorful for day, but lacking in the night category. I always passed them up. Now the TFX Pro model is new this year, and considering that, along with lots of reading (little to no video reviews) I thought them to be a viable purchase. They're also made with racking the slide in mind. I'm pretty sure I'll like them. I may get a set of Trij HD's too. Who knows!

Install went without issue. Cleaned, then, the base of the front sight, red loctite to the slide. The front sight screw, with a dab of blue, then tightened down, aligned, and bedded down tight.
The rear slide 1/3rd in, then tapped to center. A bit of blue on the screw, and snug.

The rear sight I dubbed down with a red marker to make the front more pronounced.
I think I'm going to like them.

Thanks for the assist, y'all :cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews