JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi All,

I've got a couple of handguns that I need to replace sights on. Some old Trijicons going dim, and a couple other sights that I've never been to fond of. Is this something I should just pick up some tools for and learn how to do? Or do you recommend a gunsmith? If gunsmith, do you know any in SW Washington?

My initial thought was that I should learn to do this myself, as I imagine w/ fixed sights there are going to be adjustments that are needed to sight the gun in, and I really don't want to have to keep going back to the shop. Is this correct? Or am I daft? What do you guys think?

Thanks!

c

Is this something I should just pick up some tools for and learn how to do? Or do you recommend a gunsmith?

Brass drifts(midway sells them), a pistol/rifle vise, a laser bore sighter, proper torx or allen wrenches, time, patience.

First step is to find out if your weapon uses a tapered sight base. One of my rifles wants the sights drifted left, another to the right. If you want the experience then go for it. If you want to plunk down cash and trust another person's skills...well, there ya go.

I can do, but I would call Springfield before I messed with them to see what any problems are.

I'm up the gorge toward Hood River....a tad far away from you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top