JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Alright guys so I just got my Springfield milspec 1911 customized at Wilson which included the armor tuff finish. After shooting a few hundred rounds through it I noticed that the white dot on the front sight has fallen out. I didn't even know that they were hollow! Anyway I called Springfield and they said they would gladly replace it free of charge. Unfortunately, they can't match wilsons armor-tuff finish as it is aftermarket and it would be parkerized just like I bought it. Should I send it in anyway or is there an easier solution such as white nail polish and a toothpick? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I really want my gun to look like it has the $300 finish I paid for and for Springfield to put their black coating would cost extra money, probably won't match as nicely and I'd be without my pride and joy for 2-4 weeks.

Thanks in advance, Erik

I usually touch up 3 dot sights with gloss white Testors model paint. Just a dab on the tip of a toothpick, and touch the sight, and it's like new.

I have seen touch up paint just for doing this. Also can find glow in the dark white. I have even seen this at wholesale and at cabela's If it were mine, I would take this opportunity to add a little iridescence to it and make that dot glow with a home done job.

Thanks for the input, I went down to wholesale sports today and picked up the brite sights paint pack for $23 and now have green glow in the dark sights! (they do need to be charged in light first though)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top