Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
J&B Firearm Sales
Defensive Arts
Simply Triggers
Oregon Rifleworks
Reactions
Alright guys so I just got my Springfield milspec 1911 customized at Wilson which included the armor tuff finish. After shooting a few hundred rounds through it I noticed that the white dot on the front sight has fallen out. I didn't even know that they were hollow! Anyway I called Springfield and they said they would gladly replace it free of charge. Unfortunately, they can't match wilsons armor-tuff finish as it is aftermarket and it would be parkerized just like I bought it. Should I send it in anyway or is there an easier solution such as white nail polish and a toothpick? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I really want my gun to look like it has the $300 finish I paid for and for Springfield to put their black coating would cost extra money, probably won't match as nicely and I'd be without my pride and joy for 2-4 weeks.

Thanks in advance, Erik

huntpotter

Reactions
I usually touch up 3 dot sights with gloss white Testors model paint. Just a dab on the tip of a toothpick, and touch the sight, and it's like new.

Reactions
I have seen touch up paint just for doing this. Also can find glow in the dark white. I have even seen this at wholesale and at cabela's If it were mine, I would take this opportunity to add a little iridescence to it and make that dot glow with a home done job.

Reactions
Thanks for the input, I went down to wholesale sports today and picked up the brite sights paint pack for $23 and now have green glow in the dark sights! (they do need to be charged in light first though)

Copeland Custom Gunworks
Sporting Systems
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Southwest Firearms Forum
Project Appleseed
DSG Arms
NW Custom Firearms
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Cerberus Training Group

Upcoming Events

22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond, OR