JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Alright guys so I just got my Springfield milspec 1911 customized at Wilson which included the armor tuff finish. After shooting a few hundred rounds through it I noticed that the white dot on the front sight has fallen out. I didn't even know that they were hollow! Anyway I called Springfield and they said they would gladly replace it free of charge. Unfortunately, they can't match wilsons armor-tuff finish as it is aftermarket and it would be parkerized just like I bought it. Should I send it in anyway or is there an easier solution such as white nail polish and a toothpick? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I really want my gun to look like it has the $300 finish I paid for and for Springfield to put their black coating would cost extra money, probably won't match as nicely and I'd be without my pride and joy for 2-4 weeks.

Thanks in advance, Erik

I usually touch up 3 dot sights with gloss white Testors model paint. Just a dab on the tip of a toothpick, and touch the sight, and it's like new.

I have seen touch up paint just for doing this. Also can find glow in the dark white. I have even seen this at wholesale and at cabela's If it were mine, I would take this opportunity to add a little iridescence to it and make that dot glow with a home done job.

Thanks for the input, I went down to wholesale sports today and picked up the brite sights paint pack for $23 and now have green glow in the dark sights! (they do need to be charged in light first though)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top