JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This looks awesome!

<broken link removed>
A removable barrel allows the operator to select the necessary length for a given mission. Adding the appropriate bolt, the SIG556xi can be changed to any of three calibers, 5.56x45mm NATO, 300 Blackout, and 7.62x39mm NATO. Users can also quickly change out the non-serialized lower receiver, allowing the use of either AR-style STANAG magazines or rock-and-lock AK-style magazines. The SIG556xi upper receiver is the serialized part, making the lower an easy to purchase part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Standard:
1-556xi-std-16-detail-Hero.jpg

Carbon:
556xi-Carbon-16-detail-hero.jpg

Russian:
556xi-russian-16-detail-Hero.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha! That's funny right there!!
I almost thought you lost your mind there, but it's Sig that needs to quit puffing and start passing....

7.62x39mm is NOT a NATO cartridge. The 7.62 NATO(7.62x51) was pretty much developed for the NATO folks against cold war enemies...... Like the Russian 7.62x39.

I also saw this recently and have been scouring the web for more information. It is an exciting development. I for one like the looks and specs of the 550/556 platform and this only makes me more interested. I wish SIG would put out the MSRP and ETA for the various components. How much are these non-serialized lowers going to cost? How much will replacement barrels go for? And when can we expect the rifles and parts to actually hit the market?

Ha! That's funny right there!!
I almost thought you lost your mind there, but it's Sig that needs to quit puffing and start passing....

7.62x39mm is NOT a NATO cartridge. The 7.62 NATO(7.62x51) was pretty much developed for the NATO folks against cold war enemies...... Like the Russian 7.62x39.

Yeah, I just cut and pasted. I didn't even notice that! Maybe Sig's marketing is in Denver? ;)

Sounds like a concept car to me, and why would spec ops like 7.62x39? No footprint! But I highly doubt this will happen for anything that even remotely is reasonable in cost. Not possible.

Sounds like a concept car to me, and why would spec ops like 7.62x39? No footprint! But I highly doubt this will happen for anything that even remotely is reasonable in cost. Not possible.

I guess it depends on what you would call 'reasonable cost.' The MSRP for the 7.62x39 version is $1,599.00.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top