JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It would appear that the groove diameter is .277 but the bullet specs out at .278. I guess that makes sense...

1650727905719.png
1650728050220.png

The M4s and M16s and derivatives will still be in inventory for the next 30+ years. Combat arms units will start getting the new stuff but it'll take time. On the other hand, it could end up the exact same situation as have happened with the XM8 FN SCAR, HK416 :rolleyes:

At $8,000 without the magic scope IMO it's about five times it's utility value on a good day. I'll take an AR10 variant in 6.5 or 6.8 thank you very much along with an Mforgery and a decent long range bolt gun with scopes spare parts and still have money left over for the wife to spend on purses and shoes.

So, we are going to a 6.8x51 cartridge so basically a 308 platform. Is NATO going to this round as well or just the US meaning ammo could be harder to get as it could be restricted to law enforcement and military only like other countries with military rounds. I mean it is not in common use, now is it. It could also be considered a new gun design so upper and lower may need a serial number per the new rule change coming into effect.

I have no clue if this would or will happen but with the BS on banning ghost guns and changing the definition of receivers, I would not put it past them to give it a try.

So get ready to stock pile another caliber 6.8x51 and for prices to go up on 5.56 as they phase it out for the new round especially if NATO adapts it.
If they do that there will be a lot of surplus 308 we need this guys we have not had a good surplus run since the 80's !

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top