1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Sig width = 1 1/2" ??

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by MarkSBG, Aug 8, 2009.

1. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I was looking through the Sig site and they list the width of their P220 Carry as 1.5". This seems VERY wide and I can't believe this is right. My double stack 1911 is a BEAST and only 1.30" wide at the widest spot on the grip. Glock 45s are double stank and only 1.25" wide. 1.5" can't be right, right?

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=37&productid=138click on the specifications tab

Can someone agree with me that this is WAY to wide to be a carry weapon or that the site is wrong or sompin'?
  2. Descendant

Descendant Eugene, Oregon Member

Measurements are taken at the widest point, that being the safeties. I think that throws the perceived thickness off a little bit. Best to get your paws on one. :thumbup:
  3. krawl

krawl Oregon Member

P220's seem to carry a rap of being thick. Keep in mind your double stack 1911, depending on model, usually isn't much if any wider then a single stack.