JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You don't need a gunsmith, but you'll want a sight pusher if you do them yourself.

If you're going to be installing tritium sights, you _do_not_ want to tap them in; you'll likely break the vials. You'll want to use a pusher.

So, it's a matter of spending $25-$40 for a gunsmith to do it, or paying $80 or so for the tool and doing it yourself. I opted for getting my own tool because 1) I had multiple XDs. 2) I don't live near a gunsmith. 3) Wanted to be able to adjust them myself. 4) Wanted to be able to swap out sights in the future if I didn't like the sights I put on.

I just swapped out sights on my XD and XDM. The front sights are Sig #8s. The XDs are notoriously difficult, but an MGW worked great.

<broken link removed>

You don't need a gunsmith, but you'll want a sight pusher if you do them yourself.

If you're going to be installing tritium sights, you _do_not_ want to tap them in; you'll likely break the vials. You'll want to use a pusher.

So, it's a matter of spending $25-$40 for a gunsmith to do it, or paying $80 or so for the tool and doing it yourself. I opted for getting my own tool because 1) I had multiple XDs. 2) I don't live near a gunsmith. 3) Wanted to be able to adjust them myself. 4) Wanted to be able to swap out sights in the future if I didn't like the sights I put on.

I just swapped out sights on my XD and XDM. The front sights are Sig #8s. The XDs are notoriously difficult, but an MGW worked great.

<broken link removed>

Thanks cameronhu,
I was pretty sure that the install required a special tool, but wanted to see if anyone had a trick, method or alternative to a $80.00 tool, I might use only once, or at least very few times.

I'll check with my local G-store and see what they'd charge.

Thanks for the info,
Frog.

I'd be more than willing to let you borrow my pusher. It would probably work for your sig. Might be worth checking.

Thanks, cameronhu. I very much appreciate your offer! I found a Gunsmith, not far from me, and am thinking that I'll just pay him to do it.

Thanks again, and I'll let you know if my plan changes.

Frog.

If you get on the sigforum they have a site pusher loaner program where basically you can borrow a pusher for the cost of shipping it to the next guy borrowing it.

Might want to check it out.

Steven

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top